Catalog Item Display Order - in Portal and Services

Martyn Houghton

The display/sort order of Catalog Items when displayed on both the Portal and within Services is not in alphabetical order. I suspect that it is sorted at the moment by the Icon value you choose for each catalog item rather than the title of the catalog item.

Where you have a large number of catalog items this can make it very hard to navigate/locate the correct one.

Can the sort order by set to alphabetical by the title or provide the controls to order them manually.

Cheers

Martyn

serv_cat_order.thumb.JPG.37938671ccc6b595d489ac6eb6884d46.JPGportal_cat_order.thumb.JPG.929b89640ee72c22bd0a521b24372935.JPG

If you know SQL @Martyn Houghton you can do that quicker :)

using this statement: 

SELECT h_id, h_service_id, h_catalog_title, h_order 
FROM h_itsm_service_catalog

you can rework the h_order column and then do a quick SQL update.

I did it when we went live as I was unhappy with the sorting but could not be bothered to manually rearrange the 460+ catalog items we have!

• 4 months later...
On 10.3.2017 at 2:31 PM, Lyonel said:

If you know SQL @Martyn Houghton you can do that quicker :)

using this statement: 

SELECT h_id, h_service_id, h_catalog_title, h_order 
FROM h_itsm_service_catalog

you can rework the h_order column and then do a quick SQL update.

I did it when we went live as I was unhappy with the sorting but could not be bothered to manually rearrange the 460+ catalog items we have!

@Lyonel You can arrange Catalog Items within e.g. Incidents, but how can you arrange the layout in the Portal when you also have Catalog Items under Service Request and Change?

@Terje Mognes,

It is the same thing between Incidents and Service Requests: both have a h_order column. As for Change, they simply do not appear on customer portals... But they still have the h_order column too. So you can also arrange CIs as you wish.

Hope this helps