Customer Portal Set Up Issue - Assign To Request Creator BPM Operation

Paul Trenter

Hi, I'm looking to set up our customer portal but I think our standard business process isn't suitable.

The first action our business process takes is an automated task to assign the call to the requestor creator.  This has been working ok through 'Raise New' and the Service Portal(by users).  If we want a Contact to raise the call via the portal though it doesn't like it.  They can log in and see the relevant Catelog items.  It seems to log ok from their side but isn't created per Bus Process and we see errors when opening the request.  The log file errors(attached) seem to point to this 'assignTeamOwnerCreator' aspect.

What would be the best way forward to enable our Contacts to log calls through the customer portal ok?  Do we need to remove the form  'Assign to creator Owner'?  I'd rather not as this automates the majority of raised calls via 'Raise New'

Perhaps separate Business Process' for Portal use?  But then I guess that would then require all the Catelog items to be duplicated too to use those.

Any advice appreciated.

HornbillError.png

HI Paul,

When using the assignTeamOwnerCreator automated task, the operation should assign the request to the specified team only, if the creator of the request is not in that team. As requests are being raised by contacts on your customer portal, the requests should be assigned to the team specified in the business process only. The error you are seeing there is a defect to do with the content that is posted to the request timeline which I have raised internally with our development team and should be fixed and available very soon in an upcoming build.

You can of course apply an individual business process to each catalog item in your service catalog. This is definitely an option open to you, or you could simply put a decision node at the start of your business process and make a decision on assignment based on who has raised the request using the getReqInformation automated task.

Alex

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply and info Alex.  Your suggestion of making a decision based on who is raising the request sounds ideal.  If raised by a guest account contact it could then bypass that initial 'assign to requestor'  Sounds simple in theory but I'm sure it isn't!  I've attached our current process for info.  Are you saying that right at the start I should put in an automated task to Get Requestor Information>Customer Details then have a Decision come off that to determine whether to head to 'Assign to Requestor Creator' or skip that one task and head straight to the Email stage?

What would the decision branches need to state?  After a quick play it does look like it can be determined by 'Company' but we are planning on adding quite a few of those so the custom expression might get a bit messy.  Can the decision be determined by Account Type ie Guest account? 

BusinessProcess.png

Hi Paul,

Yes if you add an automated node right at the start (getRequestInformation) you can make a decision based on a couple of the output variables. Firstly you could use customerType (either Coworker/Contact) or you could use source (Analyst/Email/Post/Request/Self Service)

Alex

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 13.30.10.png

I think I'm almost there.  I have added the decision as discussed and configured the custom expression as per your screenshot.  The portal is working ok now with no errors but when I raise an Incident/SR via 'Raise New', it's will no now auto assign to Request Creator.  Here is my flow change with the first automated task config.  The Decision as I say is per your screenshot.

EDIT: Might not be related, but seeing a lot of Operation[time:timerCreate] The specified Service Level Calendar was not found errors now.

2017-03-14_16h24_31.png

Hi Paul,

I have to say I'm slightly confused now as I've got your exact setup working completely as expected on my own Hornbill instance with no issues. Can you try deleting the decision node and recreating the branches to see if that makes a difference? Remember to type out the condition exactly as it's shown 'Coworker' because it's case sensitive.

Alex

If I understand correctly, the Raise New button uses a default Service, which will (probably) not be the one that the Portals use and may be set to a different flow.

I've set my default flow to a single Select Service node and that seems to work.

If your issue is caused by the same reason doing that might help - if not, sorry for wasting your time ;)

Screenshot 2017-03-15 07.45.11.png

5 hours ago, DeadMeatGF said:

If I understand correctly, the Raise New button uses a default Service, which will (probably) not be the one that the Portals use and may be set to a different flow.

I've set my default flow to a single Select Service node and that seems to work.

If your issue is caused by the same reason doing that might help - if not, sorry for wasting your time ;)

Sorry I wasn't clear enough.  We don't just press 'Raise New', we use the drop down next to it and choose the type of ticket to be raised.

20 hours ago, alextumber said:

Hi Paul,

I have to say I'm slightly confused now as I've got your exact setup working completely as expected on my own Hornbill instance with no issues. Can you try deleting the decision node and recreating the branches to see if that makes a difference? Remember to type out the condition exactly as it's shown 'Coworker' because it's case sensitive

Alex

Not sure.  I deleted and recreated the decision but same problem.  I tried changing the decision so if requestor was a 'Contact' only it would skip the 'Assign to Requester' but again, Raise New>Service Request also skipped it. .  If I take the decision completely out and revert to original state, the 'Assign to Requestor' works again. 

In the first Automated task, should I use Customer Details rather than Request Details?

15 hours ago, Paul Trenter said:

Sorry I wasn't clear enough.  We don't just press 'Raise New', we use the drop down next to it and choose the type of ticket to be raised.

That doesn't necessarily specify the Service, just the type of Request.

Check your app.itsm.progressiveCapture.* settings - this is the progressive Capture that the button will use for the Raise New -> *** options.
Likewise the app.requests.defaultBPMProcess.*

Knowing where these are pointing can clear up a lot of confusion!

• Like 1