More details for Add Attachments

SJEaton

I want to utilise the add attachments form in my progressive captures but can you add more details in the question about what attachment the customer should attach or is it just the basic attachment upload that's displayed in the portal?   Can you also have add attachments as a question in a customised form? 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ehsan

Hi @SJEaton,

Thank you for your post.

This forum thread is dedicated to the "Hornbill Configuration Manager" App. I believe your question relates specifically to the "Attachments" option when raising a request through the "Hornbill Service Manager" app. For future references, the correct forum thread can be found here - https://forums.hornbill.com/forum/121-service-manager/.

It is currently not possible to include Attachments as a Question through a Customised Form. The intention is that the Attachments are captured, validated and held separately to the Questions section.

Regarding editing the text that is presented when attaching a file, currently you're presented with the attached default text. There's no Translation String associated to this but we can add this in and you'll be able to edit the content of this text through the "Translations" tab of the "Hornbill Service Manager" tile in the "Admin Tool". Although I must warn that the length of the information should be kept to a reasonable limit. This Translation String will be available within the next 3 weeks. I will update this post as soon I know the exact date.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 16.12.36.png

Guest Ehsan

Hi @SJEaton,

The name of the Translation String is "user.view.pcapture.attachments.uploadDropLabel". This will be available towards the end of the week commencing 1st May.

Thanks,

Ehsan