Access to Service

Paul Trenter

Hi, a quick question with hopefully just as quick a fix.

We only have one service and added the 'All contacts' entry into the Subscriber's list.  I assumed this would give all newly created contacts access to the service but this isn't the case.  No services are listed if I log a call for that contact unless they have been manually entered into the Subscriber's list as a contact first. 

Am I missing something?

@Paul Trenter, the field "Subscribers" in the service screen is used to "secure" the access to the service. In other words, if you have let's say 100 users and only 40 of them should have access, then you can add the 40 to the list of subscribers. The other 60 will not see the service at all.

If I understand your case, what you want is for everybody to have access to it. In this case, just leave the field blank and by default any user (including new ones) will have access:

subscribers.png.7155f00971d116418cff372ca3844b0c.png

See the tooltip => "This service is available to everyone"

NOTE: The same applies to Supporting Teams

58dbae5f0861d_SupportingTeams.png.c8eae629b34704cf4101147a8ccc8879.png

Hi @Paul Trenter

Thanks for the post. 

I have just tried to replicate the issue, and i can't seem to re-create this issue.

So just to be clear:

You have a Service, which has All Contacts under the Subscriptions?  

You then add a new contact to an external organisation, and create them a portal account - login details / password etc

If you then go the Customer portal, that new contact can't see the services which All Contacts have been subscribed too?

I just wanted to check the terminology here, and by All Contacts you are referring to those created here for example, and those that access the portal through customer.hornbill.com/<YourInstanceName>

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 15.03.44.png

Compared to what is referred to as basic users, or co-workers (internal staff generally) who access the portal through the internally facing portal of service.hornbill.com<YourInstanceName> ?

If you could confirm that would be great

Steve

Hi Steve, to be honest we are still developing the service & customer portals so nothing to do with those.  It might make more sense if I go step by step.

I add a new contact. 

I then create a new request under Raise New>Incident. 

I log the call for that Contact(Customer Search Form).  It find the new contact.

The next step is to select a service. 

This is were it tells me no services are available.  If I add the contact to the service subscribers manually and repeat this process, the services now show up ok.  This is despite having the 'All Contacts' entry in the subscribers list.

18 hours ago, Lyonel said:

@Paul Trenter, the field "Subscribers" in the service screen is used to "secure" the access to the service. In other words, if you have let's say 100 users and only 40 of them should have access, then you can add the 40 to the list of subscribers. The other 60 will not see the service at all.

If I understand your case, what you want is for everybody to have access to it. In this case, just leave the field blank and by default any user (including new ones) will have access:

subscribers.png.7155f00971d116418cff372ca3844b0c.png

See the tooltip => "This service is available to everyone"

NOTE: The same applies to Supporting Teams

58dbae5f0861d_SupportingTeams.png.c8eae629b34704cf4101147a8ccc8879.png

Hi Lyonel, are you saying that if I remove all of the contacts/orgs from our Service Subscribers list, everyone should then have access?

@Paul Trenter yep, we start from the position where 'everyone' can see everything, and you restrict this back by adding subscriptions, if it is only certain groups / users you want to have access to the services.  So if you remove the All Contacts then the Service will be available to everyone. 

See how you get on with that.

Could you add a screenshot of where you are adding your new contacts?

Thanks

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...