Toggle buttons for request types

Could the buttons representing the different request types on the Request list be toggle buttons?

It would be cool if it was possible to toggle two or more of the request types. Like if I wanted to see both Problem and Known Error. (Without adding views.)

This is a "nice to have"-feature.

buttons.PNG

• Like 1

Thanks @Henrik Brattlie, Manag-E for the suggestion, and @Lyonel, @DeadMeatGFfor the support.  No doubt this would be a nice new feature. 

We just need to prioritise it alongside the other suggestions, but as it already has some support this is certainly going to help push it up the priority list.  

As it progresses we'll post back here

Steve

• 5 months later...

I'm reviewing this request to change the behaviour of the request type filter buttons.  My concern with this at the moment is that those that want to move quickly from one request type to another will have to deselect the previous selection.  If I'm viewing Incidents and I would like to view just Problems this will require toggling of the Problem icon to on and toggling the Incident icon to off

There is a possibility that we could provide a setting to enable or disable this ability.  Possibly under the Configuration (Cog) option where the current Refresh Rate is configured.

I would be interested in having some more feedback from those requesting this feature to see if there is any concern with the extra clicks that a toggle would introduce when moving between request types which may have an impact on your users and the way that they work. 

Regards,

James

• 1 month later...

I was away when this was last updated, so sorry if there's been movement that I've missed.
A method that I've seen elsewhere is to have a 'split' button, if you click on the left 3/4 of the button then you switch to that filter, as it works now. If you click on the right 1/4 that portion of the button greys and it is considered toggled 'on' - a second click obviously clears the toggle. Clicking the left 3/4 of any button while there are toggles active clears them all and resets the view to that single filter.
A bit like the attached image, but with clearer markings for the toggle area (my Paint skills aren't that good!)

Untitled.png

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just wanted to let you know that this feature is with our development team and nearing completion.  An option will be provided under the Request List Config option where this can be enabled or disabled.  This should be ready for the next Service Manager update.  Keep an eye open for the release notes.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 2 months later...