Plans for "direct access" to reports and dashboards from Service Manager application?

Lyonel

Hi guys,

Is there any plan to get a menu or something to analysts via the Service Manager app so that they can quickly access reports and dashboards / slideshows?

58e25bb91f1f3_servicemanager.png.c4f9a86073ac460b32885de65568c5b2.png

At the moment, you have this really great set of tools but the only way to access them is via the admin URL, which understandably I am not really keen on sharing with all our analysts.

I would be fab if they could have access via the normal front-end to the reports and dashboards we (admins / managers) create.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

@Hornbill Support Team,

I've been putting together a couple of dashboards and it was only when I read this post from @Lyonel that it occurred to me that you need to be a full user before you can see a dashboard.

That seems a very expensive way of letting interested users see the performance stats. Even worse it looks as though I might need a full licence for every display!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Service Management Dev team are actively working on much enhanced (and less complicated to use) user-level reporting that will be designable and accessible directly within the SM application - you will see more of this over the next three months. 

Gerry

In terms of the full user requirement, thats not the case, reporting is part of the "platform" not any specific application so anyone that has access to the system, even a basic user [edit: I mean collaboration user, not basic user as in the free user] can access and use the reporting system. The levels of access required are controlled purely by rights and the roles that you have set up and assigned to the said users. 

So you do not need to "Service Manager" subscription in order to view reports or dashboards. 

Gerry

• 6 months later...

@Martin.bowman

This (being the in-app reporting) is still work in progress, I think @James Ainsworth can give you a better update on this progress than I.  However, you state that you have a "number of Dashboards" so I presume you mean existing dashboards that you want to allow your team members to view, this is not something we have in development, they would need to use the admin view, although you can lock down the rights they have in the admin tool to just the dashboard view and can control who has the rights to see each dashboard. This can all be done through roles and rights.  

Gerry

The Service Manager "In-app Reporting" is coming along and hopefully we will start to see some of this being made available before too long.  We also have some planned work to allow the sharing of the Personal Dashboards which are created as part of the request list Views.  Lots of other great things happening with the reporting in Administration too!

@Martin.bowman as these features become available we look to provide a range of options for reports, dashboards, charts, and widgets that will accommodate different users and uses.  The reporting area that fits your need might depend on the type of information that you would like to share with your team members.   Hopefully as these new features become available, sharing and the use of this information will be more clear.

I'm always interested to hear about the types of reports or charts that you would like to have.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

Thanks @Gerry @James Ainsworth for the reply. As an example of one dashboard, I have 4 Count List Widgets which are displayed as a  2x2 block (see below) . The widgets are auto refreshed regularly so give running totals. At the moment only I can see the 'live' values, unless I give access via the Dashboard Viewer role to each user. This though means they have to select through a number of options, i.e. Menu > Admin > Service Manager > Advanced Analytics > Dashboards and then select the dashboard to view, very logwinded. If there was a Dashboard menu option from within Service Manager and they are then able to select a dashboard to view from there this would be much easier. Hope this helps. Thanks. Martin

image.thumb.png.c60e6b4113ca404ef5eea617bc2777f7.png

Hi @Martin.bowman

Whilst perhaps not the solution you are specifically looking for, as a workaround, each dashboard in Hornbill does have a unique URL which can be bookmarked to avoid the multiple clicks through the admin tool to reach it. So you could distribute this to your users in the interim.

Kind Regards

Bob

23 minutes ago, Martin.bowman said:

Hi @Bob Dickinson I have tried this, does it still require users to be assigned to the Dashboard View role?

Hi @Martin.bowman

Yes, the Dashboard Viewer role is required for any user who needs direct access to a dashboard within Hornbill. 

Kind Regards

Bob