Request view refresh

Guest David Calder

Guest David Calder

When updating a request as an analyst we are seeing that the Timeline and Details etc get updated as we update the call. However, the grey Information panel and the HUD do not refresh until you refresh the browser. Is this expected behaviour?

Hi @David Calder

We would expect to see the HUD progress if the action being performed was designed to mark a checkpoint in a stage, or if the action involved the progression to a subsequent stage in your process, equally if an action resulted in say a status change in the Information section we would expect this to dynamically change and should not require a browser refresh to see this.

Could you help and perhaps provide an example of when you are seeing this in a process you are running, and also confirm which browsers you are seeing this behaviour on?

Perhaps sharing the BPM definition here would also help us see if we can re-create or pinpoint any issue (you can download the process definition from the admin tool and process designer).

Thanks

Steve

• 1 month later...
Guest pproot

Hi, Could I pick up on this topic please as we are still having the problem with all BPMs we are building; none of the stages auto refresh which is really annoying. To answer the last question, we are using Chrome. Is there any setting that needs amending that enables auto-fresh of the HUD rather than us having to refresh the browser each time, or are we missing something when building BPMs? If you need to actually see a workflow where we have this problem (although it is all of them) then please let me know steps to follow to download to you.

Guest TrishaRush

Please note - this is not just related to the BPM, it's related to every element of Service Manager - for example - cancelling a call and updating configuration items.

I tried to raise a support issue using the link above but my email address is not valid (patricia.rush@camelotgroup.co.uk) and neither are Sonali Depala or Paul Rooth's (same suffix as mine).

Guest TrishaRush
1 hour ago, Victor said:

@TrishaRush I have sent you a PM. Not sure why Paul address did not work on the support request form... (I have tested it now and seems to be fine) ....

Thanks Victor, Paul's email address does work now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest David Calder

Hi @Victor

Our internet proxy was blocking calls (not sure if it was the request or response that was getting blocked) to eurapi.hornbill.com.

The Infosec team couldn't be certain why it was getting blocked, but it may have been because it was being overly cautious against a possible XSS attack.

Hope this helps,

David