Outbound Mail Routing

sprasad

There are a couple of suggestion put forward by my team, where we respond to customer emails (i situations where we have not created a New Request from the Incoming email)

(1) When clicking 'Reply' we would like the email trail to be copied on the response

(2) Have the ability to Merge our signature details at the end of our email, to save having to re-type this information each time.

Hi @sprasad,

As @DeadMeatGF (thanks!) mentioned, you can include the quoted text by pressing that button. We have a pending change to remember your decision so that next time you won't have to press the button again.

Regarding the signature, yes, we had some ideas around that. there was a question if to do it per user or one against the Mailbox because this is a Shared Mailbox.

Will keep you updated in this post.

Thanks,

Daniel

2017-04-07_1054.png

Hi @sprasad,

I've added a story to deal with the signature, but instead of calling it Signature we call it Header and Footer. This way will be much more flexible.
It will be per mailbox and each user will be able to overwrite the default one defined by the Administrator.

We hadn't allocated a time yet for it but I'll keep you updated.

Hope this is what you had in mind.

Thanks,

Daniel.

• 2 months later...

Hi @sprasad,

We've added a new functionality called Email Templates and Snippets. This is still an experimental feature.

Once it is turned ON you will be able to see the option at the bottom of the email composer view. You should be able to manage your templates and share them with teams if you wish. The templates can include parameters. You can use this also as a signature, as it will be added at the bottom of the mail. Always the last template will be set as default or you can set it to No Template.

If you want, you can try it but remember this is still under experimental flag. You need to enable this in the Admin Tool -> Home -> System -> Settings -> Advanced - and search for the flag (experimental.feature.email.enableTemplates).

Let me know what you think,

Daniel