Missing Mail Templates

Keith

There is at least one instance where an email is being sent by Hornbill Service Manager that is not configurable via a template. The information provided in this specific case is very limited and causes the analyst sometimes unnecessary work to go and look at the request to see what has been updated.

The case in question is where an email is received by the owner of the request stating that it has been updated by email.

The content of the mail says some very simple like "Request ********** which is assigned to you has been updated by email."

Ideally I would like a template for all emails which are sent by the system. If this is not possible it should at least contain some more useful information such as:

Customer name:

Summary:

Description:

Priority:

Could you please consider having this information added to the mail. 

Regards

Keith

Hi @Keith

I've just been looking through the templates and code and the email you are referring to looks a lot like a template named "AnalystEmailUpdateNotification" which by default just states 

"Request {{.H_pk_reference}} which is assigned to you has been updated via email." followed by a link to the request.

Could this be what you are looking for? If not then I'll go and do some more searching.

Regards,

Dave.

Please see an example of what Keith and I are referring too - important bit is the sender is noreply@live.hornbill.com

Sent: 21 April 2017 17:15
To: Gani, Nasim <Nasim.Gani@brent.gov.uk>
Subject: Request IN00074015 has been updated via email

Request IN00074015 which is assigned to you has been updated by email.

https://live.hornbill.com/lbdigitalservices/servicemanager/request/view/IN00074015/

Kind Regards

On 4/21/2017 at 5:12 PM, David Hall said:

Hi @Keith

I've just been looking through the templates and code and the email you are referring to looks a lot like a template named "AnalystEmailUpdateNotification" which by default just states 

"Request {{.H_pk_reference}} which is assigned to you has been updated via email." followed by a link to the request.

Could this be what you are looking for? If not then I'll go and do some more searching.

Regards,

Dave.

Hi David,

No that's not it. I have already heavily modified "AnalystEmailUpdateNotification" so for us it looks very different to the text you indicate. 

Ours looks similar to this

"Dear {{.H_ownername}},

{{.H_requesttype}} {{.H_pk_reference}} which is assigned to you has been updated via email.

Customer: {{.H_fk_user_name}}

Summary: {{.H_summary}}

Description:

{{.H_description}}

Priority: {{.H_fk_priorityname}}"

Regards

Keith

Is there a field code that returns the last update to the timeline (not from the owner), ideally I would like to include that in my  current notification email.

Sent: 21 April 2017 17:15
To: Gani, Nasim <Nasim.Gani@brent.gov.uk>
Subject: Request IN00074015 has been updated via email

Request IN00074015 which is assigned to you has been updated by email - "I tried logging off/on and it didn't work"

The bit in red is what I'm missing.

Nasim

Hi @Keith, @nasimg

Sorry it took a while, but I've tracked down the email and where this is generated from now.  

Unfortunately at present this email can not be sent using a configurable template because these emails have to be sent directly from the autoresponder account and can not go via a mailbox where templates could be used.  An existing platform development request to enable the use of templates in such scenarios already exists, I have added you both as interested parties and I will chase it up, but I cannot currently give any timescales as to when that may be addressed.

I've looked at what can be achieved in the meantime, and whilst I'm not able to include content from the associated request, it seems that I can update the current content that is sent to include the content of the email text within the notification email as you had asked for @nasimg so I will add this in for the next service manager build which is scheduled to be available in the next couple of weeks.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @nasimg, @Keith,

Just a quick follow up in case you have not yet come across it, as of the most recent Service Manager update (build 966) you should now see the content of the email update within the email notification, so hope that improves things until we can make use of email templates.

Kind regards,

Dave.

@David Hall I'm seeing mixed results.

Updates sent via email appear to have some additional text but this appears in the form of one continuous block of text that represents the entire mail, which makes it difficult to read. 

Updates by the customer (which i presume are those updated via the portal) have not been changed and contain no additional information.

Keith