Bulk upload of FAQ's

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

Is there a way of'bulk uploading' FAQ's?

We currently have a whole list of text-based FAQ's which, rather than create individually, we'd like to upload to a library en-masse. As they're text-only at the moment we have them in an excel list, so we're looking to get the 'bare bones' uploaded, and then, when we have time, go through them individually to make them look better.

thanks

Paul

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Paul Alexander,

Thank you for your post!

Are you referring to FAQs that are created within a Service Definition? I am afraid the option to bulk upload FAQs to a Service Definition is not available at the moment and this is not scheduled in our 90-day Development board although I'm sure this will be considered along with other bulk upload options in the future.

Capture.JPG

Also, I thought it could be worth mentioning that FAQs can be automatically translated to different languages using the Google Translate option. A bulk upload may take this capability away.

Capture1.JPG

Thanks,

Ehsan

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Ehsan

Thanks for the response...and yes, I do mean the FAQ's which are linked to a Service Definition. I think a bulk upload might be a nice option, especially for those of us who are just migrating to Hornbill and who have these items stored elsewhere.....we like the idea of having all of the questions and answers in one place, but getting them uploaded is going to be a bit of a chore!

We currently don't need the translate option....unless it can help with translating 'IT Speak' into 'User Speak'?!

thank you

Guest Ehsan

@Paul Alexander Thanks for your feedback! I will have a chat with the team regarding future developments in this area.

By the way, questions relating to Service Definitions, Requests or features that are accessed through the "Service Manager" App icon in the main menu are better answered in the "Service Manager" section of the forum (https://forums.hornbill.com/forum/121-service-manager/). There are many answers, feature requests and tips shared by the Hornbill community relating to the Service Manager app in the Service Manager forum thread. This forum thread relates to features that can be accessed through the "Documents" App icon in the main menu (if your Hornbill instance is subscribed to the Document Manager app).

Capture3.JPG

I look forward to assisting where I can, in future forum posts :)

Thanks,

Ehsan