Automatic creation of new contacts by Routing Rules

We are looking at implementing Routing Rules for a shared mailbox where we will receive email incidents from members of the public. Most of these emails will come from members of the public who will not already be a contact within our system and therefore we are looking for away we can automatically create a new contact under our 'public users'  organisation record in order to log the incident and have the email address as the contact on the incident.

I am presuming I have to create a contact in order to link it to the incident and send emails to them from both the incidents itself and the its associated BPM? 

Is there another way to achieve this, without creating a contact?

Cheers

Martyn

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

It is currently not possible to create a new Contact while raising a Request manually or through a Routing Rule. Although, you can permit the raising of a Request from an unknown email address by enabling the following Application Setting. You can then instruct Analysts to create a new Contact if required?

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 08.21.32.png

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ehsan

@Ehsan

Thanks for the quick reply. When the setting is allowed does the generated request hold the email address in field we can gain access to from the BPM?

My thinking here is that we still want to send an automated acknowledgement email, even if still need manual intervention from an analyst to create the contact, as the email/incident may be received out of hours.

Are they any plans to automate the creation of contacts, possible via a BPM process, given that this setting will allow the incident to be logged?

Cheers

Martyn

@Victor

Thanks I give it a go, but I suspect we will want to send it from the BPM so we have control over the contents and which mailbox it come from.

Ideally if we can get the email value into the BPM and then a new BPM node is created to allow or the creation of the new contact record, that would allow us to achieve the creation of new contacts in a controlled manner based on the service etc. @James Ainsworth is this something that could be considered?

Cheers

Martyn

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

We already have a change proposal for creating a new Contact while raising a new Request manually. Although this particular change proposal does not extend to Requests that are raised automatically (i.e. through Routing Rules). We can certainly enhance the Routing Rules operations to include this requirement (perhaps control it via an Application Setting). I will have a chat with the team regarding extending this change proposal.

Thanks,

Ehsan

@Ehsan

Thanks, if it is added into the Routing Rules/Template we would need to specify the target organisation to set the new contact up within, i.e. we have a 'Public Users' organisation created where we set these up under. I would also presume the display name sent as part of the email header would be used to populate the name details?

Cheers

Martyn

Guest Ehsan

@Martyn Houghton, sounds about right. We will need to investigation our options and provide a suitable solution. I'll wait for feedback from the team and we can then progress this further.