Take a call Off Hold on receipt of an email

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Is there a way of taking a call off-hold automatically by using the email routing rules? 

So, if a call is on-hold and we're waiting for someone to confirm that they're back from holiday for instance, if they send an email to IT Support letting us know that they're back, can this email be used to update the ticket and take it off hold?

thanks

@Paul Alexander not directly via the routing rule...but, on top of my head, you could have the BP in a suspend state waiting for an update...when the update happen the BP resumes. Have the next step in the process check for request status. If is "on hold" change it to "open"... you would need to loop that to cater for multiple updates during request timeline... if this does not make much sense, export the BP configuration, post it here and I can have a look and see if, how,...

Guest Paul Alexander

Thanks @Victor

That makes perfect sense thank you....however, I'm struggling to get the email routing rules working at the moment (see topic below)....

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi again

I've now got the Routing Rule to update the call, however the call isn't moving on through the BPM

I have it set to Suspend/ Wait for Request Update which works fine if I manually update the call, but the autoresponder update doesn't move the call forward. Is this a setting somewhere, or is this just not possible?

thanks

@Paul Alexander ermmm.... good question :) .. I have no idea to be honest, I'll have a look in the flowcode to see if is build to only act on manual updates... I assume you tested this now, do you have a call reference with the test? I also want to look in the logs and trace the flowcode execution...

Guest Paul Alexander
On 5/12/2017 at 9:49 AM, Victor said:

@Paul Alexander it seems when you update a request manually, Service Manager will also trigger a "process resume" action...which is not happening on automatic updates... :( ... I'll ask our dev team about this, to see what they think of...

Hi @Victor

Did you get a response from the Dev team about automatically resuming a BPM after an email is received please?

thanks

@Victor

I was just about to raise a new topic which I think is related to this and the new sub status function.

The new functionality allows me to set a new status "On customer Response" - however, on testing this the status only appears to change if the user 'updates' the request via the portal. If the customer responds via email the status does not change.

Keith