New SLA

chriscorcoran

Hi 

I'm testing the new SLA process against one of our test services (product_x) I have set up the new SLA, linked to a service, created some rules so that if a priority is selected it should match the correct SLA. If I leave the business process the same without removing the old style SLA it  does show the new SLA once the call is logged but I have to pick an old priority. If I remove the old style SLA's from the business process and log a new call with the new priority it doesn't work. Any ideas why it still looks for the old priority? business processes below.

SLA removed.pdf

old SLA.pdf

Hi @chriscorcoran,

Have you also changed your priorities as well? It might be useful to see your list of Priorities and the rules that you have set up for the new Service Levels. 

There is one thing that may help from looking at your screenshots though, In your new SLA process, you aren't actually defining when the timer should start. You still need a node to say "Start the Timer at this point" - even though the specific SLA/Service Level that is used is defined based on the Service/Rules, rather than in the Business Process itself.

For example, in my screenshot, we are checking that a Priority has been set, then starting the Fix Timer - but the node doesn't define WHICH fix timer, thats what the Service Association and Rules now do.

Screenshot_29.png

Kind Regards

Bob

Hi

I have another is with the new SLA. When we log low priority calls the response time should be 1 hour but its coming in at 20 mins. I have check the SLA and the rules and they are correct. Any idea what might cause this?

Thanks in advance

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm seeing issues with timers still on the new SLA i have set. I have a response and a resolution at 1 day but when the call is logged although its pulling the reponse timer as 1 hour which is correct the resolution is showing a few days. I have checked the SLA and it looks fine, see attached, any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

response times.jpg

@chriscorcoran resolution 1 day does not necessarily mean a business day...it means 24 hours... which are business hours... you would need to set the resolution to 8 hours (or whatever the number of hours you have in a business day in your SLC) to achieve 1 business day resolution..

I have detailed the SLA days/hours calculation algorithm in this thread:

• 2 weeks later...