No matching gotoIf found... error

SJEaton

I keep getting this error in one of my workflows and can't for the life of me identify what I've done wrong.  I have checked that I am pulling through the right form details prior to the decision and checked I am indicating the right answer in the custom expression but it still errors.  What other reasons might this error occur?

Sam

@SJEaton is it a Progressive Capture or BP? I assume is the BP... can you tell me on which request you getting this error, I need to have a look a the BP configuration for it. Usually this error is caused by a decision node which does not cater for all possible outcomes. When the BP decision has an outcome that does not meet any branch criteria, you get this message...

Hi Victor, Its my HRA I Want to Advertise BP.  It's the Internal Only decision on the attached extract and only errors if it is internal only.  If it's not its fine.  

The decision node is based on the answer to a question on the I Want to Advertise progressive capture - The Advert custom form.

Sam 

Capture.PNG

@SJEaton is because the BP configuration in the particular scenario followed by this request during ProCap... I can try and explain this here but if it does not make much sense I am happy to go over this in a remote session...

What I think it happens is that before "Internal Only?" decision (which is not where I think the error occurs), you have an "Additional External Media?" decision based on answers given in "External Advert" form in ProCap. However, because in your ProCap you selected internal only in the "Advert" form, the "External Advert" form was never completed... so the decision does not actually have an answer to evaluate...

We can try/test this hypothesis if you change the "No" branch of "Additional External Media?" decision node into a "No Match". Then run another test request with same answers in ProCap.

18 minutes ago, SJEaton said:

I may need to change the order of the decisions in the BP.

@SJEaton you might not have to... If it works with a "No Match" branch instead of "No" then you don't need to rearrange the decision flow... Basically you need the BP to do the "internal only" evaluation IF there is "No" additional external media... (apologies if I make you process sound trivial :)). I am saying this because if you do have additional external media, it follows a completely separate branch... Therefore what we/you are really interested is if we have a "Yes" answer to additional external media... if we don't have a "Yes" the we go and evaluate if internal only and further on this path...

If we don't have a "Yes" this basically equates to a "No" answer or... no answer at all :), in case the form was not completed during ProCap (i.e skipped). A "No Match" branch would cater for both scenarios...

I haven't thoroughly tested any of these options, this is just thinking on how we can do this, if the above assumptions is not correct another alternative woudl be to simply add a third branch, a "No Match" branch just for the scenario where you don't have an answer at all... the "No Match" branch will follow the same path as a "No" answer.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SJEaton said:

so are you saying I just need to try it with a No Match instead of No on the additional External Media decision node?

Yes... :)

20 hours ago, Victor said:

A "No Match" branch would cater for both scenarios...

These are:

• a "No" answer to "additional external media" form;
  • an inexistent answer to "additional external media" form because the form was skipped during ProCap.

EDIT: sorry, I did not notice you replied already...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Victor this has happened again but on a different workflow so would you mind taking a look please?  This time it's the 'I Want to Appoint' workflow - see SR00000905 for where it errored.  It happened when I completed the human task to request references.  I'm assuming its for a similar reason as what you advised before but I can't see any decision nodes prior to this task that would affect it.  Your assistance as always would be much appreciated.

Sam 

I'm also concerned about what happens if this occurs once live as it seems that once an error is hit you can't refresh a request/continue with a request once fixed.  This will be a nightmare for our recruitment workflows as they are so long and take place over a couple of weeks/months so it would be real pain to have to start the request all over again if an error occurs and I doubt the customers would be happy.  Is there any advice on what to do if errors occur in live?

Thanks, Sam    

Morning @Victor, I'm looking at it with fresh eyes this morning and think I've rectified it based on your previous response :).  I do however still feel concerned about what happens if an error occurs midway through a recruitment workflow once we are live so would appreciate your views re this, thanks.  Sam  

@SJEaton a good practice when having decision nodes is to always have a "No Match" branch... If a BP is rather complex then the flow logic must be carefully considered to avoid such scenarios... we do have a plan to introduce a "BP test" functionality that will simulate a BP execution and highlight any errors as such...but we don't have this yet :(

EDIT: Almost forgot, we also have an experimental feature which, when enabled, will allow you to correct a BP associated to a request "on the fly". So, not all is lost, even if you encounter an error at some point it can be rectified to avoid the headache of recreating the request...

• 1 month later...

Hi @Victor, once again we have this same error occurring but I can't fix it this time with using 'no match'.  It's the same scenario as before ie I have a decision in a BP based on a previous decision in the ProCap but nothing seems to work.  The BP is one a colleague of mine has create called SAP Business Support, and an example request with the error is SR00001121.  The error happens if you select yes or no.  Hope you can help.  Thanks

Sam

Capture.PNG

Please disregard my last message @Victor, there's no issue after all.  I've been out of the office for 3 weeks and thing have changed, ie I didn't realise we now have to save and then publish a BP every time we make a change to it so it keeps a version control, doh!! 

@SJEaton

5 minutes ago, SJEaton said:

click on a Mathematics symbol (Σ) now to select the flowcode

I think is a very useful addition in terms of UI BP design... :) ... but I hope this will become familiar once you use it a bit more :) ... How could you stay away from Hornbill for 3 weeks ?!? Ntzzz... :P 

@SJEaton oh, sorry, UI = User interface. I meant the BP design interface is more clear and more friendly to the user when it comes to these variables from flow codes now :) 

6 minutes ago, SJEaton said:

Where can we find out what the benefits are of this new functionality? I'm assuming there's guidance on it in the Wiki somewhere?

Starting with the latter Service Manager update announcements we now also post links to wiki for any "more extensive" changes/fixes we introduce. For example build 1013 announcement posted here has these links to the wiki: