Sounds like a good idea - I would like to see this too.

I know we can use the favourites but I'm not sure my customers would do this.

Nasim

Hello,

This has been raised quite a few times before, I think this is something Hornbill have planned to look at at some point. I raised this issue months ago as well others have.

@Hornbill - if there is any plans for this, could you add me as an Interested Party? I'm sure the others in this post will appreciate this as well.

Many thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1

Thanks for your posts.

The next change to be worked on in this area is to provide some options for the layout of the service icons.  At the moment there are 2 rows of three that are presented on the first page.  We are looking to provide an option where you can change the size of the icons and include or exclude information on each icon such as the sub-title.  This will also provide an adaptive layout where the number of visible service icons will adjust to the room that you have depending on your screen resolution by adding more rows or columns for the available space. 

I will see what our options are for adding an additional setting that removes the "More Services" option on the "All My Services" page.  Options such as the "More Services" or paging is general done to provide better performance when the page is first loaded.  The larger the number of services a customer has, the longer they will be waiting for the page to load.     

We also have another change in our backlog which is to provide more of a 'list' view of the services broken down by category.  This is to help support customers that have hundreds of services. Having hundreds of services displayed as icons can become a challenge for users to locate the appropriate service.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @James Ainsworth

Has there been any movement on whether we can change the layout of the Services on the Portal (i.e. having ALL services show by default or making the icons smaller etc) please?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @Claire Holtham

Many thanks for your patients.  I know that this has been a long time coming.  I do want to let you know that we have completed some development work in this area which is currently going through testing, with the possibility of being available over the next couple of weeks, provided that there are no issues.

The options that will be included are:

1. Select the size of the Service Icons.   The available sizes will be listed as Large, Medium, or Small in the Service Manager Settings.  The default will be Large which is a similar size to what is currently available.
  2. Select the number of Services per page.  The default will be 6 service as it currently is.  This can be changed to any number.  Zero (0) will remove the Show More option and just display all services.  If it is likely that customers will have a large number of services, this setting of 0 would not be recommended.
  3. Adaptive Layout of Services.  With the default 6 services per page, the layout will adapt to the size of the screen.  If there is room for all 6 services to fit on a single row, this will be the case.  On a smaller screen, these will adapt to multiple rows.
  4. Hide the Service's More Option.  A setting will be available that will hide the ''More'' option displayed under each Service, allowing for more room and a cleaner look.
  5. Hide the Service's Description.  A setting will be available that will hide the Description for all the Services, allowing for more room and a cleaner look.
  6. Hide the Request Counter and Impact.  A setting will be available that will hide to two information icons that show the request count and the current Service status.  If these are not required for your customers, this may allow for a cleaner look and feel.

The result being that it can look like this with medium icons and no extra information, just the Service Name... and no 'More Services' button. image.png

While there is still plenty more that we can do to add to the Portals, I hope that this will be a step in the right direction and that you will find these additions useful.

Regards,

James

• Like 3

@James Ainsworth This is a BIG step in the right direction and something we have been wanting since our pre implementation workshop in 2016. 

I notice that there is still no ability to order services other than alphabetically. Is there a story in your development queue for this also? Hopefully the ability to remove the "more" button and have more services on one screen will reduce the need for this but it would still be a valuable addition. 

Regards

Keith

@James Ainsworth I agree that this looks very promising. 

One thing I would like to throw into the ring as it were. Would it be possible to add hyperlinks to service tiles? 

I notice on your screen shot you have 'My Benefits'. We (like most companies) use a third party provider for such things, but want the portal to be a one stop shop for all request types. 

Being able to allow users to go to the single portal and select the benefits option and have it take them to our third party page would go a long way to standardise the whole thing.

Similarly we use Jira for businesses changes and have had instances where people have logged requests on our portal rather than scroll down a little and find the Jira link.

The ability to allow service tiles to act as hyperlinks would limit this also.