Human Task Visibility on Customer Timeline

SJEaton

Hi

I know how to restrict visibility of certain auto-tasks appearing on the customer request timeline (ie by making the visibility field manual and selecting 'team') but how do you restrict customers from seeing timeline updates when a human task has been allocated?  Also I can't restrict other certain auto-tasks like 'Add Request Member'  from the customers visibility as the visibility field is not an option.  Thanks

Sam 

Guest Ehsan

Hi @SJEaton,

Thank you for your post!

The Timeline entry that is created on creation or completion of a Task uses the following Application Setting (Admin Tool > "Hornbill Service Manager" Tile > "Settings" Tile) to determine the visibility of the post.

Capture1.JPG

Thanks,

Ehsan

Guest Ehsan

@SJEaton,

Through a Business Process, I have created a Task. As you can see below, the default Visibility is respected.

Capture3.JPG

I then logged in to the Service Portal as the customer of this Request and I am not presented with the two Timeline entries that have a visibility of "Team".

Capture4.JPG

In the User App (i.e. https://live.hornbill.com/walthamforest/servicemanager/request/view/<REQUEST_REFERENCE>/), can you see the visibility that is applied to the Timeline entry?

Guest Ehsan

@SJEaton Sorry for not clarifying. I was hoping if you could check the visibility level that is applied to the Timeline entry. The location of the visibility level is illustrated as below.

Capture5.JPG

Please note, the change that you made to the Application Setting will only be respected for creation of new Tasks. For the Timeline entry of existing Tasks, you can change the visibility level as below (This can only be achieved by an Admin with the Super User role).

Capture6.JPG

Oh sorry, yes the visibility level shows as team - see below. 

I'm sure this was a new request I raised after changing the setting but I will have another go and let you know if it still doesn't work.

Sam

Capture.PNG

Guest Ehsan

Thanks @SJEaton Your screenshot confirms that the visibility level of the Timeline entry is correctly governed by the Application Setting. So now, we need to work out the reason behind the visibility of this Timeline entry through the Self Service. I will have a chat with the team here at Hornbill to find out if this is happening as a result of higher privilege or a reported problem.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hi Sam,

I hope you are well, please could you clarify a couple of things, just to ensure I understand the current situation. I can see that you have amended the application setting and the visibility looks like it is being set correctly within the request. Can confirm the following for me:

• I'm assuming that you are logging in as yourself to both the live and Service URL's in order to check the timeline entries?
  • What Team is the Request (not the task) assigned to, and are you a member of this team?

Many Thanks,

Dan

Super!
It's quite a common thing that gets overlooked. When logging into the Service Portal as a user, much of what you can see and do is still dictated by the Security Roles that you posses and also the Team aspect of the Service Manager visibility model.
If you log in as a Basic User (which naturally shouldn't be a member of any Support Team) the timeline content will be filtered as you would expect.

Have a great weekend,
Dan