Exporting Dashboard into PDF file

Joyce

Export Dashboard to PDF   

1. 1. Export Dashboard to PDF

• Yes
    • No

Hi,

Is it possible to have a feature to be able to export dashboard into PDF file?

We are required to provide monthly report to our directors, who do not have dashboard viewing access on Hornbill. So we need to be able to send them a copy of the dashboard.

Thanks Regards,

Joyce

Hi joyxe,

We don't have built in export to pdf in any of the admin tool functions. As a work around, if you are talking about dashboards in admin tool, i would suggest entering fullscreen mode and then print from browser menu and choose to print to pdf. Chrome supports this and if your OS does not you can download adobe pdf print drivers to allow you to print to pdf.

However because the dashboard widgets auto resize based on screen resolution you may find pdf output effects the dashboard layout/presentation.

Cheers

Hi Joyce,

We have no plans at the moment to introduce pdf exporting. As you can see yourself pdf generation doesn't work very well and that is with main stream products (chrome / adobe) trying to output html to pdf. The reason, i believe, is that the data is loading asynchronously i..e the print engine is rendering pdf before all the data has been returned and that is why your seeing an empty widget container. 

I only have 2 other immediate suggestions.

1. Use something like snippet and take image cuts of the dashboard and paste into a word document.

2. Create accounts for your management team and email them links to the dashboards you want them to view.

I will let the project team know of the requirement and ask them to feedback on if and when something could be planned in to implement pdf/image exporting.

Cheers

@Joyce,

If you are using Google Chrome, you can download the Fireshot extension - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/take-webpage-screenshots/mcbpblocgmgfnpjjppndjkmgjaogfceg?hl=en (or any other extension that allows you to take a screenshot of a full website.

This takes a screenshot of the entire webpage, and allows you to save it to a pdf.

Hope this gives you another possible solution?

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 4

@Joyce

Just to add to this, when we built dashboards we designed them to output to screen rather than to print.  Although a subtle point from a user perspective, technologically they are very different implementations.  It may be something we would look at in the longer term as the question does get asked but its not a short term plan at the moment.  I would suggest something like what @samwoo says above, a simple plugin to chrome that will allow you to save the screen rendering as a PDF would be a good way to go for now. 

Gerry

• Like 2