clear of news feed

chrisnutt

Hi All,

I have been posting in the news feed during testing, just to get an idea of the functionality, under the assumption that I'd be able to clear stuff out before going live. It would seem the old saying about assumptions rings true in this case as I am unable to find any way to clear posts out.

I have seen this thread, and the thread linked within it:

This seems to be referring to only when in BAU so I am hoping there is a way to completely clear down the collaboration side of things (similar to clearing requests) prior to launching? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Hi Chris,

In absence of this being in the automated tools for clearing down your system, you are able to manually delete the Workspaces which is where I am assuming these posts exists.  Deleting the workspaces will remove all the posts, and then you can recreate the workspaces of the same name.  Deleting of the workspaces is done by selecting the sub-menu option for Workspaces under the Home menu button.  On the list of workspaces, provided that you are the owner or logged in as admin, you can use the delete button on each workspace.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

James

Thanks, James.

That helps somewhat, but there are some posts on people's buzz pages which I'm more keen to remove. When someone logs in for the first time, I'd prefer it if they don't see a bunch of posts like "kljnsdfkl" that they have supposedly posted on their buzz and commented on!

Hope that makes sense.

Chris

Hi All,

Just want to check that I understand what I think the answer to this query is.

Basically, it is not possible to purge the newsfeed/buzz to a clean slate as if nothing has ever been posted. In other words, you cannot reset the collaboration element.

Thanks

Chris

Guest Chaz

@chrisnutt just a thought, if you were to delete and recreate users that would probably solve your problem (if that's a suitable solution). Otherwise it's not something that is taken care of by the clean up utility currently, but something we'll be looking to change.