Reporting Categories

Dan Munns

Hi all,

Are there any plans to add to the current reporting functionality? 

I would like to be able to assign categories to reports and then lock them down to certain teams. We currently have seven teams using Service Manager with plans for a further two to be added in the near future. Obviously each team will want there own reports and at the moment they are all in one big list with no view / edit permissions able to be set.

It would benefit us to be able to assign reports to a group (via category or other means) and then assign that group to a team / role. 

I know that this functionality isn't available at the moment but I was hoping there were some plans on the horizon to add more functionality to the current reports system.  

Thanks

Dan

Hi @Dan Munns

Thanks for your post. This is an interesting idea - firstly, just to confirm, I assume you are talking about the standard reports functionality as opposed to the components you get in Advanced Analytics? In terms of permissions, you can restrict Dashboards and Slideshows (in AA) to particular groups and users - so if I understand correctly, you are looking for similar functionality for the reports, but the difference being to create report specific groupings and relate users to these?

I have raised this internally with the developers to get some feedback - you are correct in advising this isn't currently available, but I believe that the concept of adding restrictions to accessing specific reports has been discussed previously (as a start point) so we will raise this again. 

Kind Regards

Bob

Hi @Bob Dickinson

Yes I was talking about the standard reports. If we could restrict the reports to teams or roles that would be ideal. As an example; at the moment our analysts use the feedback as part of their annual performance reports so I have set up a report to show feedback scores and added two user input filters for date and user name. Obviously, anyone with reports access can run this but the output is used as part of their report so if I could I would restrict them to only being able to run a report for thier info only.

Further to that our HR team is looking at using Service Manager also and the reports they will want to run will contain HR specific info such as employee ID number / pay grades / NI number which I dont want everyone to be able to see.

Thanks

Dan

• 4 months later...