Progressing BPM when using the multi Resolve option in the Requests List

Guest Ehsan

Guest Ehsan

Hi @nasimg,

We had a chat at the Hornbill Event last week regarding, Business Processes do not progress when a user performs the option to resolve multiple Requests through the Requests List. I was off since last week, apologies for the delay.

I created a Business Process that contains "Wait for Request Resolution" task and a subsequent task to post an update in the Request.

Capture1.JPG

I then raised 3 Incidents and progressed them to "Wait for Request Resolution" stage. Through the Requests List, I selected the 3 Incidents and chose the option to resolve using the Actions button. I can confirm that the Business Process progresses in all 3 Incidents and the subsequent task to an update in the Request is also completed. The following is an example of a Request where all 3 checkpoints that I created in the Business Process are completed.

Capture2.JPG

These Incidents were associated to the same Service (i.e. same Business Process) and where all suspended, waiting for Request's resolution.

Can I confirm, is this issue intermittent or could this be reproduced whenever the multi-Resolve option is chosen? In the example above, I expected the Incidents that I had highlighted to be resolved and the Business Process belonging to those Incidents to progress; Could I confirm that we're not referring to the Linked Requests to an Incident that is highlighted through the Requests List? It may also help if could you create 2 test Incidents against the Business Process in question and confirm that you're able to recreate the issue. If so, could you please provide me with the Business Process name so that I can export it and try it on my instance.

I hope we can help to address this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ehsan

@Ehsan - The issue we see using the actions button for resolving multiple incidents (not linked) is our email is not sent out when the tickets are resolved.

I'll test and reconfirm (then provide the BPM here).

@Ehsan looks like I was incorrect - emails are now getting sent out. Strange when I first tested this when the option came out, emails didn't work. So we used some premier support to do a workaround using linked requests. 

So no actions is needed for "resolve", which is very positive. Do you think we can progress update (with email option) for multiple tickets?

Thanks for looking into this for us - its much appreciated.

Nasim

Guest Ehsan

@nasimg No worries. Regarding the option to update multiple Requests through the Requests List, we were waiting for a new component to be implemented by Hornbill Collaboration, which has now been delivered. We now need to use this component in the Service Manager App to complete the feature. We're hoping to make progress in the coming week :D

@ehsan this is very good news - looking forward to seeing "update" under actions (hopefully include an email option).

Nasim