Remove Owner from call

Our Facilities team use Tasks to make the process of closing calls "on the go" a lot more simple, and this is working very well in testing.
One issue we do have is that (as discussed at the Insights event) you cannot reassign a task, so if, for some reason, a call needs to be reassigned the task must be "failed" and a new one recreated. We have automated the creation part, which occurs when the Request is assigned to an individual (we can't assign to groups or roles as the number of tasks on the list would quickly become unmanageable) and have logic in place so that if a task is "failed" (e.g. the owner is taken ill and has to go home, the request was incorrectly assigned etc.) the process loops back and awaits a new owner.
The problem with this comes when the Requests with the "failed" Tasks are assigned into a Team that includes the original Owner - in this case the Request remembers the Owner and as the call has immediately been assigned recreates a fresh Task and assigns it to the person who's just "failed" it. There are edge cases that prevent the use of "Wait for new owner" because it is technically possible for the call to be reassigned to the original owner, e.g. they have to leave unexpectedly, no-one is available to pick the Request up, and they original Owner is back at work the next day and is reassigned the Request.

What I'd need is either an option to "Unassign" a Request, or an option with the Assign to Team actions to "delete" the owner from the Request.

Is this something that can be added?

@DeadMeatGF I believe @DanielRi was facing the same difficulty the other day when building some internal processes. the way we/he overcome this was to create a "dummy" team. A team with no members just for this "owner reset" purpose. The BP will then be configured to assign the request to the dummy team then assign it again to the "correct" team. Passing the request via this dummy team, effectively removes the owner...

• 3 months later...

@DeadMeatGF , @Victor, @DanielRi

Apologies for resurrecting this issue thought apt on Halloween,  but I am trying to achieve the same outcome without having to set up a dummy team just to clear an owner when trying to assign back to the same team with no owner.

The other way I have managed to do this is by using the Assign to Service Team, which will clear the owner, but only works when the team you are working on is the first supporting team added to the service in question.

I do think there the Assign Team BPM node needs to be enhanced to provide the ability to clear the current owner.

Cheers

Martyn