Countlist Not Accurate

Shamaila.Yousaf

In our instance, IT Services are not the only team who are using Service Manager.  We have our Estates Team using it and in future will have other teams using also.

I have created 2 countlists, one for open requests and another for open incidents - the numbers are not correct so assuming that I need to include an additional filter to include IT Services and not our Estates Team.  

What do I set the filter with?...by our services?  We have 2 services, IT Support & Document Services.  Please see attached current filter, let let me know how i can arrange these numbers to appear correctly.

Edited by shamaila.yousaf
incorrect link supplied

Hi @shamaila.yousaf

I have move this post to the reporting forum.

If its as simple as IT Services manage the IT Support Service, and Estates manage the Document Services service - then yes, you could use the service as a filter. 

So based on your examples you would add either:

AND h_fk_servicename = 'IT Support'

or

AND h_fk_servicename = 'Document Services'

This should reduce the count to only show the requests that are associated to each of those Services. 

Kind Regards

Bob

You came to my rescue again Bob!  Thanks

Incidents appear correct as I included IT Support as the service name.

The number for open service requests seems to be a little out but this is due to the Document Services service being shared by IT Services and the Estates Team.  Can we add a filter to include if owner is joe bloggs then do not include? If not, then not to worry I will leave as it is.

Many thanks for all your contributions

Hi @shamaila.yousaf

No problem, happy to help 
:)

Yes, you can filter out based on Owner, but as users can regularly change (or new people join) you may not want to have to keep updating your widgets. So because of that, I'd suggest to use the Team Name as your filter - e.g. Only show a count for all requests that are assigned to this particular team

So to do this, you would add the following to the end of your filter:

AND h_fk_team_name = 'IT Service Desk'

or if you have multiple teams you want to include in your count, you can use:

AND (h_fk_team_name = 'IT Service Desk' OR h_fk_team_name = '2nd Line')

With either of the above, it means that any requests assigned to the "Estates" team would not be included in the count. 

Would this solution work for you?

Kind Regards

Bob