customer portal not working properly..?

lee mcdermott

Hi,

We have just noticed under No team assigned 70 calls.

It appears that all these calls are calls logged via the customer portal since last thursday 6th July. they are being logged but the BPM is not being applied properly. I am having to go into each call and manually set the category, priority and the team and then reload the bpm for it to start working.

My understanding is the customer portal uses the same forms as the service portal which is working - so something is causing this to fail only for the customer portal side of things?

i did raise an issue that day in fact as it appeared the system up date the night before had caused a few issues. It now appears it has caused more issues than we realised.

Obviously this was all working before hand because 1 i had tested them prior to going live and 2 because there is nothing there prior to the 6th?

Can anyone advise on what we are meant to do in these instances because this is not the first time things have stopped working after an update.

I also now have to explain why we have 70 calls that have not been looked at since they were logged last week.

thanks

lee

no team assigned.JPG

@lee mcdermott 

Do you have a screen shot of the services screen where the catalog services are configured. You should have something set under Workflow.

You may also need to check your settings and add default BPMs under app.requests.defaultBPMProcess.incident and app.requests.defaultBPMProcess.service this will at least set a default BPM should one not be selected for any reason.

As far as what to do now, you can multi select all calls raised under the same catalog item and block assign them to the relevant team.

Hope that helps a little at least.

Capture.PNG

@Dan Munns

thanks Dan, but the BPM is being applied as you can see but it fails to process.

I have just checked some of them and can see that the same form when being used via the service.hornbill is still working fine?

Also I have nothing under Workflow on any services? Should it have and what does this do?

(again though this was working fine last week prior to update)

bpm process failure.JPG

@lee mcdermott Ok so it is failing during the Update Request Priority node in your BPM. It may be that you have it set to update the priority based on something the portal users are unable to set / use / do.

Without seeing the BPM I cant really help much more than that. The error logs in your instance should provide better info.

@Dan Munns

I think my main issue is the fact it was working - it appears an update has occurred and now it doesn't work.

every BPM now fails but only for the customer portal  -all ones logged via the service portal still work.

I will have to look through and see if I can find the issue

thanks

lee