Harry Hornbill Features

Keith

As new features are rolled out we get Harry Hornbill popping up with some valuable information on the key developments. However, many of these features are for use by Admins only. Would it be possible for you to filter the display of features dependent on a users role? i.e. Only show BPM features to users who have access to modify a BPM.

Keith

We now have the ability to add these notices into the Admin tool so something we can do more going forward which may help as then only those that actually interact with that tool will get notifications about it.

@Keith

Thats what we should have been doing, the system is capable of it, not quite sure why we were not. Could you give me specific examples so I could look into it? I ask beause notices come from different teams so I would need to look on a case by case to start with.

Gerry

I'm in two minds about this - obviously there is a perfectly reasonable argument that there is little point alerting Users to a feature they have no ability to access, however there is also the Collaboration aspect that was mentioned at the Insights event, where someone who can't use the feature might watch the video and suggest a way of utilising it that the Admin never considered.

Not sure how you would (or even if you could) balance it, though.

The in-app guidance that our friend HH offers can be tuned to each UI, that is "user" or "admin", the idea being you only see what is relevant which I think makes a lot of sense.  For example, there is no point in introducing a new BPM feature and showing that to all of your end users.  Now it would appear we have not been following our own rules in this regard on very occasion so we need to correct that. 

I think though @DeadMeatGF you make a good point, I have often been wondering about having some form of non-intrusive "news" type view/notification in the user app (possibly in the form of and always present workspace) that would act like a mini news channel that includes *all* of the features, tutorials and notice updates etc... like you I agree that people might just suggest things that you did not think of.

Gerry

Are the HH videos published to the YouTube channel? If so, then they are available to all Users and people with sufficient interest can view them there.
If not, maybe because they're understandably for customers' eyes only, a HH Workspace that is available to all customers would be a great place to view them.