Password generator utility

I'd like to use the password generator but our password requirements include the need for at least 1 capital letter and 1 special character (as well as being 8 characters long). Is there a way to achieve this?

Keith

@Keith

So i spent some time looking at the different password requirements for various tools as have made some changes so that you select a length then optionaly must contain one of the following (Number, Special Character, Upper Case Character).

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 09.48.32.png

Does this look like it would cater for your requirements?

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

• Like 2

@Trevor Killick

Yes that looks like exactly what we need :)

Is this something that can be pushed out relatively quickly? We are in the process of trying to automate password resets for SAP and whilst we could generate the pssword on the SAP side I think this would give us greater flexibility and some advantages in terms of communication. 

Thanks for looking a this.

Keith

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Trevor Killick 

I'm trying to use the password generator and as part of the BPM update the timeline with it as per the demo example done by @Steven Boardman. I'm assuming I do this by just having an automated step to update the timeline manually and pass in the &[global["integration"]["password"]], however when I do the the result I get is "Undefined". Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm also wondering if it is possible to include this email variable in an email template so we can send an email to the customer with their password? 

Keith

@Keith

Can you post a screen grab of your Integration Node configuration like this please:

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 12.27.48.png

You can use it in an email template but you will need to store it in the request somewhere like a custom value first then use that custom value in your email template and then set the custom value back to empty after the email node.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

@Keith 

Great that explains whats happening so you have a field in the Request section called integration this is the default value given as the place where the integration results are returned to, every time you add a new integration node it effectively overwrites this. One way to fix your issue is rename integration in your HTTP Call Integration node something like integrationHTTP and then the password field should be written to the timeline.

Hopefully this is the cause of what you are seeing.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Sorry @Trevor Killick I must be doing something wrong here. I have changed the reference as you advised but am now getting an error which seems to imply I haven;t changed the reference from "Integration" but I have done so in both cases (the password generater and the web call).

2017-07-26_14-18-27.jpg.646361bb2d07a51151dc63c8aa3e4d8d.jpg

2017-07-26_14-21-23.jpg.05a0c89c0e1bbfa26263384a33d1a4ee.jpg

@Keith

So when you changed integration to integrationpassword it doesn't update the in use references to this so you can see i added what should be the correct update text under the first line you had. If you make sure integration is changed to integrationpassword everywhere you specify the password value it should start working.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 15.01.18.png