Request resolved report

m.vandun

Hi,

We have a BPM where all the work is done by the request owner, these changes are then checked by a colleague. After the activity is finished the request is closed by BPM. When checking the report the request is then resolved by the colleague that had checked the request. This should not happen as the only thing that was done is check if settings are set correctly. This gives a wrong output in closed requests. Any thoughts how to resolve this? These requests should be closed on the name of the request owner. I've tried adding get SRO before closing task but this does not change the closing agent to the owner.

Here's a screen of the BPM.

596f1731317c6_2017-07-1910_28_02-Administration_SywxHosted-BandjeAanmaken(Draft).thumb.png.df9dd0e5523c31886259b394680e9f39.png

Regards,

Mark

@m.vandun I'm afraid there is nothing needs "resolving"... As you mentioned, the request is actually resolved by the colleague that checked the request. So naturally, this is the information which is (and needs to be) stored in the database.

2 hours ago, m.vandun said:

These requests should be closed on the name of the request owner.

In this case, have the request resolved by the analyst (the request owner) who does all the work once he completes the work... Then the analyst checking the changes can have a task (an activity) assigned to him (for this specific task) and, if needed, the request can be reopened, for example, if the changes are incorrect... Is there any specific reason why the request is resolved by the analyst doing the checking?

@Victor

Thanks for the reply.

7 minutes ago, Victor said:

Is there any specific reason why the request is resolved by the analyst doing the checking?

This is only to avoid that someone needs to close the request after the check. This avoids an unnecessary action (closing the request) and improves workflow.

@m.vandun I would still suggest having the analyst doing the work also resolving the request... actually I feel this should be the right (natural) way since the work is done, so it should be resolved... I understand that changes need to be checked, but that should be ok to be carried out on a resolved request I think... I assume the analyst doing the verification has a task assigned in this regard...once the verification task is completed the request can be automatically closed... the task can have multiple outcomes, one of them maybe doing a request reopen is the request fails the verification... this is just my thought on this...

I doubt there will be any change in the way the "resolved by" or "closed by" currently work... if we change this functionality to set the resolved by as request owner, this won't actually reflect the reality, which is who actually resolved the request (performed the resolve action on the request)... If I resolve a request which belongs to analyst A, then I don't think I will be happy to see in a report that the request has been marked as resolved by analyst A, when it was me who resolved it...

@Victor

54 minutes ago, Victor said:

I would still suggest having the analyst doing the work also resolving the request... actually I feel this should be the right (natural) way since the work is done, so it should be resolved... I understand that changes need to be checked, but that should be ok to be carried out on a resolved request I think... I assume the analyst doing the verification has a task assigned in this regard...once the verification task is completed the request can be automatically closed... the task can have multiple outcomes, one of them maybe doing a request reopen is the request fails the verification... this is just my thought on this...

Thanks, will adjust the flow in this way.