Request List Refresh Rate

Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your post.  At the moment the refresh on the Request List does not apply to the My Dashboards view.  Additional performance testing will be required for refreshing the charts as there is potentially much more data that has to be retrieved at once.  It is a bit like loading X number of Views at once. I wanted to make sure the refresh of the request list wasn't delayed any longer so opted to keep it focused on just the list for now.  We will have a look at this moving forward.  We have some planned work around "in-app reporting" which is where this is likely to be considered.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

@James Ainsworth

Thanks for the explanation. Good to hear it is at least being considered. FYI - We have this view displayed all the time on a large screen in the office but have to manually refresh periodically. Automating this would be a vast improvement.

Thanks

Keith

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to jump into this discussion, but I have some users complaining that the refresh rate setting applies to request screen, and reloads the entire screen, causing them to loose the text they were typing for an update or an email. Is that normal?

Hi @Lyonel

The Request List Refresh will only re-load the list, and not the entire screen.  Updates or emails are generally done from the actual request form.  The Request List refresh will not refresh a request that is being viewed.  Can you confirm if the user is performing these actions on a request itself?

There are some known issues where it has been reported that if another user or the BPM does an update to a request that someone is currently viewing, a refresh can be performed on the request which may cause this.  There are some improvements that are due for release in the next couple of days that should help with this.

Regards,

James

• 11 months later...

Hi @Keith

There hasn't been any changes for the automatic refreshing of the Personal Dashboards on the Request List. Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason for using the personal request list dashboards over the Advanced Analytic Dashboards?  The Analytic Dashboards were designed for this purpose. 

Regards,

James 

Hi @James Ainsworth

Thats a shame! 

The reason for us using these vs the Advanced Analytic Dashboards is their ability to drill into the data. We have a stand up daily management meeting around a large wall mounted touchscreen which we use interactively to review and dive into detail. I can't do any form of drill down on any other type of reporting in Hornbill.

I can, and do use Power BI for some of this kind of reporting but the data is not real time.

As a manager I find myself in the dashboards also on my own screens and would find it hugely beneficial for them to auto update in the way that the request list does.

Regards

Keith

• 4 months later...