Updating user account

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

One of our users was created (in AD, not biologically) incorrectly, but the original account was 'alive' long enough to be copied to Hornbill using the LDAP import tool which is run every night.

We have now corrected the AD account (by editing it rather than deleting and recreating it) but now I can't get the Hornbill account to update, so this person can't log in to the Self Service Portal.

Is there some way of updating the user record in Hornbill manually to match the AD settings we have please? I've tried rerunning the LDAP Import tool, but it's not bringing in the updates (there's a very real chance that I don't have something set correctly in the script of course!).

Or, is there a way of 'deleting' the old Hornbill record (this person has never logged in so there won't be any tickets logged against him)?

thanks.....

@Paul Alexander

22 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

Is there some way of updating the user record in Hornbill manually to match the AD settings we have please?

what exactly needs updating to this user?  Why this person can't log in to the portal? Is there any error of sort?

22 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

Or, is there a way of 'deleting' the old Hornbill record

Yes, you can delete users in Hornbill... you (or whoever needs to) need to have "Super User Role"...

The "admin" account used when Hornbill set up your instance should have this permission. This account also useful if you use SSO and need to the use backdoor to fix something.

I think this is one the few areas you need a Super User Role, deleting of an account. In most circumstances archiving an account should suffice.

Nasim

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Victor and @nasimg

Thanks for that...I've now deleted the account and re-sync'd AD, so the account is now showing correctly.

Thanks for the info....that Super User is very useful!! 

Guest Paul Alexander
6 minutes ago, Victor said:

@Paul Alexander indeed "Super User" is quite good :) ... But be careful, "with great power...." ;)

...I'm always too busy to stick around and wait to hear what the end of that sentence is. I'm sure it's profound though ;)