View active requests for Organisation before Raising New

sprasad

Currently, when you raise a new Request, the system searches by the customer name then displays all Active Requests that they have logged (Screen shot attached). 

For the purposes of avoiding duplicate Requests to be raised, it will be useful if this list displayed all Active Requests for the Organisation.  We have numerous customers who work in different departments but they log the same issues individually.

Having a (or an additional window for) Active Requests for the Organisation View will enable us to review their current Open Requests prior to logging a New Request.  This will therefore, enable us to stop duplicate Requests being logged.

Active Requests.docx

@sprasad thanks for the post

Whilst it is not currently possible to do this from the single customer progressive capture form, this information should be available to you in the context of supporting external organisations

If you include the Organisations Details PC form after your Customer Search PC form, then you will see the Active Requests for the customer's organisation listed on the second PC form (as shown below), you will also have seen the individual customers active requests on the first PC form.

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 14.22.19.png

In my example PC flow, i have a scenario where we support internal colleagues (co-workers), and external contacts, so i don't want the organisation details form showing each time i log a request against a co-worker, so i do a simple check on the type of customer i am raising the request for, and if it is a contact, show their parent organisation details form, if it is internal don't.

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 14.25.26.png

@Kelvin this won't help you if your customers are all internal, but i'll raise the topic of adding additional configurable tabs the the customer details form where we can explore providing options to include not only active, but site, company grouping and even closed requests for the customer - i'll report back here as we are able to progress this

Hope that helps 

Steve

• Like 1

@Steven Boardman

If the breadcrumb trail on the right for the customer search had a tabbed output, listing the contact/co-workers requests as now, plus a tab for organisation's requests and site's requests, that would then work for both. Only one of the additional two tabs would need to be displayed/enabled using your same logic of customer type.

Cheers

Martyn

Thanks @Martyn Houghton yep i had that type of logic in mind.  I have raised a change proposal for this and added @sprasad and @Kelvin as connections, as this progresses i will post back.

Thanks also for the tip for other users if they wanted to branch on customer type advising them to use numerical values for the customer type in the branching (it might have been helpful if i had included that) :)  

Morning @Steven Boardman Many thanks for the advice.  We have implemented that change now by introducing a new branch but it is not showing any Active Requests for our Organisation.  I have attached screenshots of the new progressive capture as well as a search from the Organisation details, which shows 4 current open Requests.  We wondered if this was because this particular customer did not have Portal Access so we switched this ON but it did not make any difference.  Kindly advise if I should refer this to Support?

@sprasad I believe you would need to have this Service Manager application setting "app.itsm.progressiveCapture.organizationDetails.allowOrgRequestsList" turned ON for the organisation active requests to be displayed during progressive capture.

NOTE: in your above reply I removed the attachment you submitted. The attachments contain a screenshot with an email address of one of your customers/users. Although our forums are private and only accessed by our customers, this information would have been made public outside of your organization.