Issue editing documents

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Guest gregmarcroftorc

I am wanting to upload a current document but I am getting an error message. Please can you explain why and how to rectify it? I want to add this bit of text:

59760f2a93053_Libraries-documentssection.jpg.83549eb1d74132d8f793afeda6f0d833.jpg

But each time I try and add text I get this error.

59760eb512603_Libraries-updateerror.jpg.59151552591aabb51713cd625eb28087.jpg

Thanks

Greg

Think there is likely to be a problem with the name of the file you are trying to upload, could you try renaming the file and trying to upload it again.
The rules of what is a valid filename on our system our:

File names cannot contain any of these characters - [\/:*?"<>|]. File names are not allowed to start or end with a space or dot. File names must be at least one character long and are limited to a maximum of 255 characters.

Thanks

Trevor

Guest gregmarcroftorc
42 minutes ago, trevorharris said:

Think there is likely to be a problem with the name of the file you are trying to upload, could you try renaming the file and trying to upload it again.
The rules of what is a valid filename on our system our:

Thanks

Trevor

Thanks @trevorharris. Looks like it was the / I had in the title (name) that was causing the issue. Seems odd that it allowed me to save it as that originally though but I have renamed and it is working now.

*Also FYI on my original post, I mistakenly typed 'upload' instead of update. This was an existing file that I was trying to edit, which is why I was unsure why it allowed me to save it as that originally.

Greg