Assigning calls when on holiday

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Could there be a setting which, when an analyst marks themselves as on holiday, people cannot assign any new calls to them please?

I know the Service Desk admin can go in and change the 'assignment' setting in the admin tool, but having this as an option when the analyst marks themselves as on holiday would make this a lot easier for us.

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Chaz and @Paul Morrow

Chaz, I can't see your attachment unfortunately, but we don't get any messages pop up when we try to assign to an analyst who is set to 'do not disturb' o 'on holiday'. Is this a setting somewhere? 

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

Ah....ok. Thanks @DeadMeatGF

Does anyone think that an option to prevent assigning calls to analysts whose status is 'do not disturb' or 'on holiday' might be a good idea? 

Although the status message is handy, it doesn't prevent anything and we're still getting calls assigned to people who won't have a chance to deal with it for possibly a couple of weeks. I know that 'education' reinforced by baseball bats might work, removing the 'assign' option might be a little less messy.....

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @James Ainsworth

Sorry for the late reply.....it's holiday season!

Yes, I've looked at the Round Robin assigning in the BPM, however this will only work for new requests, and doesn't help when calls are being reassigned (which is the problem we're having at the moment....PEOPLE are trying to reassign calls to other staff who are showing as on holiday. Again, I realise that having staff who could read and take notice of another analyst's status would be nice, but apparently we can't have it all ;)

Maybe you could try the old 1950s army "group punishment" option?
Have a webhook set up for reassignment, if a call is reassigned to an analyst who is marked as away you utilise the api to log a really unpleasant job (cleaning the Dorito crumbs out of the keyboards?) to everyone and make the whole team suffer?

Guest Paul Alexander

haha...as an ex-squaddie there's a lot of encouragement tactics I'd love to try (cutting the grass with a pair of nail scissors, cleaning the toilets with your toothbrush etc...) but apparently they're frowned upon these days! 

Didn't do me any harm...apart from the gnarled knuckles from trying to keep hold of the scissors when it's raining, and really bad breath because I was too tight to buy a new toothbrush......it's all character building stuff !