Service Support by Everyone EXCEPT...?

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

We are setting up a 'new' IT support team which is going to support one specific IT service. We currently have about 30 services and  13 support teams.

Currently, ALL of our services are supported by ALL of our teams.

However, this new team will only be supporting ONE service. 

As far as I can see, to get this set up so that the new team doesn't 'see' the services it won't be supporting, I will need to go through all 30 services and add each team (except the new team) as Supporting Teams individually. 

My maths isn't great but I think that adds up to a lot of clicking.....is there a way of adding Supporting Teams by exception (as in, all teams EXCEPT a particular one will be supporting that service)? Or a quick way of adding all the teams so that I just have to remove one for each service?

thanks

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

One of the areas that I have been wanting to look at is the ability to create multiple Service Desks.  Under each Service Desk you would select the teams and services that are available for that Service Desk.

@Paul Alexander following your example at the top of this discussion, this would allow you to create a Service Desk for this one team and with it the service that they support, keeping it separate from the other service desk(s) and the other teams and services. This could then lead into having default settings and configurations for each Service Desk.  This would allow for the creation of a much more segregated Service Desks for things like an HR or Finances. 

There is already a Card in Administration under Service Manager called Service Desk.  This was added with this feature in mind.  Paul, would this fit your requirement?

Regards,

James

• Like 1

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @James Ainsworth

Yes, I think this model would fit our requirements....we would need the ability to be able to pass calls from one Service Desk to another (so, for example, SD1 would support ServiceName1 only while, SD2 would support ALL Services. SD1 could still pass calls to SD2 and vice versa, but SD1 wouldn't have visibility of the other services). I'm not sure that's explained very well but hopefully you get the gist of it!

thanks

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2017 at 4:27 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

One of the areas that I have been wanting to look at is the ability to create multiple Service Desks.  Under each Service Desk you would select the teams and services that are available for that Service Desk.

@Paul Alexander following your example at the top of this discussion, this would allow you to create a Service Desk for this one team and with it the service that they support, keeping it separate from the other service desk(s) and the other teams and services. This could then lead into having default settings and configurations for each Service Desk.  This would allow for the creation of a much more segregated Service Desks for things like an HR or Finances. 

There is already a Card in Administration under Service Manager called Service Desk.  This was added with this feature in mind.  Paul, would this fit your requirement?

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth

Are there any updates on this requirement? We're close to mobilising a new team and if this feature was due v soon, it would save us quite a lot of time and effort

thanks 

Darren