Erroneous Time Spent being populated on Activity

Martyn Houghton

Not sure if it is something just happening in our instances, but since the end of last week when completing activities the time spent fields are being pre-populated with very large erroneous values, with some the duration's being before the request was even logged. 

timespenterror.PNG.a51dd71db1570ab9aa7ac4d55a18f270.PNG

We are currently on Service Manager 1043, Collaboration Core 673 and Platform 2787.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

The Time Spent is showing 3 hours and 10  minutes, is that wrong?

The other value (1467:10:00) is the Timesheet Manager, that looks wrong.

As from today, if there is a Start Date and Due Date, the Time Spent will be automatically set by these two values. If no Start or Due date it will set to 0 as before.

I was trying to replicate the issue with the Timesheet, but no luck. Do you have any replication steps?

Thanks,

Daniel

@Daniel Dekel

I think your line "As from today, if there is a Start Date and Due Date, the Time Spent will be automatically set by these two values. If no Start or Due date it will set to 0 as before." explains why this has happened. Our activities have the start time of date logged and the target time of the resolution target. Can we disable the new 'feature'?

I am in the process of uploading a video to Pamela in Support as well (ref IN00148285)

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

I can see the problem. The Time Spent Days selector does not have enough days in the list to display the amount  calculated between the start and due date.

I also guess you are not interested the getting the time spent based on that criteria. At the same time this was a feature request in the forum

What I can do is add a flag to disable this feature and if is not active, it will not do that calculation. Doe sit make sense?

Thanks,

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel

Even when altering the Time Spent field to have the correct duration, the amount in the other value in the top right hand corner is not being updated to reflect this.

This means the large value us being inserted into both requests and analysts time sheets, so this is becoming more of an issue.

Cheers

Martyn 

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

The change was done in two areas, the client (collaboration core). That will be in the next build, probably on Monday. That build contains a modification of the Time Picker that will accept more than 30 days and will also prevent calculations if the flag (in Platform Build > 2797) is set to false. This means that also the platform needs to be released. That can take a bit more, between one and two weeks.

Thanks,

Daniel.

• 2 weeks later...