Access Hornbill Service Manager Error

dconagh

As an update I have tried this...

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Single_Sign_On_Profiles#Common_Issues

but I get an error that says 'Empty XML'

And I have also tried this...

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/SSO_Example_Config_Microsoft_ADFS_2.0_for_User_Accounts

This gave me the xml and I didn't get an error but it didn't seem to make any changes.

Thank you,

Dan

@dconagh your metadata file is not public so Hornbill instance can't access it hence the empty XML message. You need to manually process this file. Open the URL in a browser, it should display the XML file content. Copy this and use the other option to process metadata in Hornbill (XML file)...

@dconagh

That would be because the Admin Tool cannot access the URL. Alternatively, please paste the content of the file (i.e. download it to your desktop, open the file in an editor and copy the content) into XML field and leave the URL field blank.

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 13.11.58.png

@Victor

Hello Victor,

Thanks again for your response.

Unfortunately I get 404 error when I try navigating directly to the xml file. I also logged on to our adfs server to see if I could find the xml file but I can't find it there either. Have you got any other ideas?

Thank you,

Dan

@Ehsan

Hello Ehsan,

Thanks for the response.

I have done as you said and removed the adfs part to my url and sure enough I get some xml back. I will wait until the helpdesk have finished using Hornbill for the day and then copy and paste the xml in to the admin section on the SSO Profile.

Hopefully this will work.

Thank you,

Dan