Bulk Organisation, Contact and Portal Account setup

Martyn Houghton

We are looking to bring further Service Desks into our existing instance and therefore will need the ability to under bulk imports of the following entities

* Organisations

* Customers (Contacts)

* Portal Account ID's and Passwords for subset of above Customers

When we went live originally this was undertaken by Hornbill as part of the Switch On Service, but as we add more desks to the system, this will be a regular requirement.

Are there any plans to provide this facility either in the Admin Tool or as a separate tool similar to the Request Loader?

Cheers

Martyn

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@TrevorKillick, @James Ainsworth, @Steven Boardman

Is there any new on providing a Bulk Organisation Import tool?

This is becoming a significant hurdle when we are looking to migration new organisations and service desk on to our instance.

In the absence of the facility can we request the bulk creation of organisation record via our Premier Success maintenance service?

Cheers

Martyn

• 5 months later...

@Steve G, @Victor

You mentioned at Insight's that a Organisation Import tool had been produced internally, but not yet completed testing/QA.

Is there any update on a timescale for this as we have two additional service desks I am working on bring on board in the next month so would rather not have to manually create all the organisations.

Cheers

Martyn

23 minutes ago, Martyn Houghton said:

therefore I can plan on using it rather than allowing the time in the project to re key the information.

Indeed. And is a good thing, this would put additional pressure on me so I can finally get my bearings together and finish the tool :) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Martyn Houghton @HHH @mojahidm @Katef @Steven Cotterell @David Longley

Just to confirm one thing first. I am talking about a tool to import organisations (this is the organisation for contacts, the external users of the system) not to import companies (this is the organisation structure configured in admin tool for users, the internal users of the system)

The tool is ready is just went under review with Steve as he is the guru of all import tools, there are a few bits that need to be adjusted so I would say it is a matter of days now...

@Victor

That's the tool I'm looking for. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Victor said:

@Martyn Houghton @HHH @mojahidm @Katef @Steven Cotterell @David Longley

Just to confirm one thing first. I am talking about a tool to import organisations (this is the organisation for contacts, the external users of the system) not to import companies (this is the organisation structure configured in admin tool for users, the internal users of the system)

The tool is ready is just went under review with Steve as he is the guru of all import tools, there are a few bits that need to be adjusted so I would say it is a matter of days now...