update version unclear

Stuart Torres-Catmur

Bit of an odd one.  Last couple of updates have been to version 1048 both times - which I thought was odd at the time.  1052 that is pending now is clear enough, but shouldn't what is shown on the 'About' tab be consistent with the 'Update History' tab? (i.e. where are the details about what changed in 1049?)

The attached shows what I mean.

Latest Changes.pdf

Hi @Stuart Torres-Catmur

Apologies, we have had a few issues with the update build numbers and update notes in the last few service manager updates, this will be rectified for the next update.  In the meantime, should you wish you can visit https://forums.hornbill.com/forum/135-announcements/ to see the service manager update announcements which will provide you with details of the content of each of the previous updates.

Kind Regards

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Claire Holtham,

Each thread within the Announcements section page entails on the content of an update.

For example, the following relates to a minor update, containing a single bug fix.

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 09.07.35.png

The following relates to a major update, containing a list of new features, changes to existing features and bug fixes.

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 09.07.55.png

Thanks,

Ehsan

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ehsan, what I meant was, sometimes there is a major release which knocks something else out, and it  might be a couple of days before that's fixed.

If there was a 'notes' area under the major release where any issues with it were noted then we'd know not to apply it til we could do both the release and the fix at the same time.... if one customer identified an issue, others could benefit from that information.

As it is, before we apply a release we do a broad sweep of the forum to see if there have been any issues for other customers. It's not very scientific.

I guess I'm asking for info to do with a release - notes, any issues, and their solutions should be held in a slightly more structured fashion.