"Admin" notification settings

Lyonel

Hi guys,

Just a quick question: how do you turn on "admin" notifications?

notifications.png.50d5ab80ff4ffcb05c4b6584fc1d214a.png

I can't find any settings that relate to this... Is it done at instance level (i.e. by Hornbill directly) or do we have control other that via the application settings menu?

Thanks!

Hi @Lyonel

This is controlled in the admin portal under Home > System> Settings> Advanced and the setting is notification.excludeActions.

Anything ticked under this setting will not be available on the user profile notification settings.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Conor

• Like 1

Hi @Lyonel

I have just tested this too, there is a separate setting for mobile notifications which will not make those settings available via a PC browser so make sure it is not the mobile one firstly. Secondly there is an optional setting, this again will not make a difference to whether you can turn those settings on or not.  

It will only need a refresh of the page to enable so you won't need to log out and log in to test it, and to make sure we are seeing the same thing I have put a couple of screen shots below.

These settings:

image.png

Are giving me these options (for the like / unlike bit):

image.png

Are these settings the same in your system?

Thanks

Conor

Hi Colin,

Your screen shot is showing the options for the setting notification.excludeActionsOptional.  Try the setting notification.excludeActions just above it.  I'm not sure what the ActionsOptional is for.  Enabling or disabling the toggle seems to be managed using the notification.excludeActions setting.

Regards,

James