Would it be possible to add filter 'organisation' to the request search bar?

mojahidm

Hi,

Would it be possible to add 'Any Organisation' to the request search?

image.png

I know that you can select 'Organisation' from the drop down menu instead of 'Requests' and I read that you could use org: organisation name (which hasn't been too successful for myself, but I'm still looking into in case it's an issue with the data), but it would very helpful to be able to sort by Organisation as well.

Kind regards,

Mojahid

Thanks James :-)

In the past, we’ve had calls (requests) where we know the affected service, that it was resolved a few months ago and the organisation. What we ideally are looking for is to be able to filter by the Status, Service, then customer’s (Contact’s) organization and finally in the search bar we would put the summary of what we were looking for. It's for those times when we know that such and such organization had the same fault and were looking for a resolution. Would it be something that is possible to add as an enhancement to the request search...?

Kind regards,

Mojahid

Hi @mojahidm

Unfortunately "org" is not a title that is currently available in the Global Search so it can't be used in the format of org:hornbill.

We have a change in the backlog for adding a date option to the Global Search Tools for requests.  This is not scheduled yet, but I'll add you as an interested connection so we can keep you up to date with the progress.

We have started updating lists of requests on different entities.  For example there is a new list that you can view against a Contact or a User that looks just like the main request list, but already filtered down to things related to them.  We will be adding this to the Organisation level, and possibly replace the current list against the Service Record with the full request list.  This will hopefully provide more flexibility and different ways that related request can be viewed.

We can also look to see how we can improve the Global Search to include organisations as part of the search.

Until these are available, I'm trying to think of alternatives that could help you now.  On the request list this would give you most of what you need, minus the date.

• Select "All My Services"
  • Type the organisation name in the filter
  • Select the status that you would like to view
  • Order by service to group the same service together.

image.png

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth,

Thank you for the information and if the below is possible, then I think that would be great:

'We can also look to see how we can improve the Global Search to include organisations as part of the search.'

We are only starting to move ourselves over to the Hornbill ITSM and can in the meantime, if required, use the workaround that you've stated :-)

Kind regards,

Mojahid