Email Notifications upon assignment of Activities?

gwynne

Hello I would like to use the functionality of Activities in tickets, the process of setting them up seems simple enough the think I do want to know is the email notification part, How to I sent this up? Where does the template live? How do I assign the template to be used for Activity notifications?

Hi Gwynne,

Great to hear that you are looking to use the activities within the requests. The combination of activities created as part of the workflow and manually created activities are a great way to manage the work required to complete a request.

At the moment the assignment of activities doesn't generate an email. A Hornbill notification is sent which can be visible within the notifications bell at the top right of Hornbill.

From within your profile, a user can also enable desktop notifications which will present selected notifications from your Windows task bar. Your browser would need to be open with an active session to Hornbill to see these, but it could be minimized or you can navigate away from Hornbill and still see the notifications.

Another great way to see your notifications if you find that you are not regularly in Hornbill, is to have the mobile app installed on your phone.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

We've recently started using Hornbill and some of our teams (who are assigned Activities but tend not to 'live in' the portal) have asked if email notifications can be created when they are assigned to a user / group / role. 

The guys are aware there are in built notifications however they will miss these if they're in a meeting - their is a concern that something Urgent will be passed to them when they're not by their PC and they miss it. 

Please can you advise if this functionality is being considered at all?

Thanks,

Jamie

• Like 1

Hi @PSG

Thanks for your post.  I was wondering if there had been any consideration with using the Hornbill Mobile app?  Email notifications are not currently available, but using the mobile app is a great way to get these notifications.  No different than having an email arrive on your phone or tablet while in a meeting, your Hornbill notifications will alert you and you can also get immediate access to the activity from the mobile app without having to jump onto a browser.

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James,

As Gwynne said, the App notification gets filled pretty quickly, especially when some of our users are members of multiple groups / roles.

We've enabled email notification for Requests and they're working well. Would be great to get similar functionality for Activities. 

Thanks,

Jamie

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hullo, we are interested in this too, it would be very useful for staff to have an email reminder to complete an activity. We all currently monitor our emails, and having these notifications coming in on that same channel would be the simplest and easiest for our staff.

Cheers

Claire

I do not believe that IE 11 supports this, you would need to be using Edge on Windows 10 and I think you might need a plugin too. Its a limitation of IE I am afraid, there is nothing we can do in Service Manager.

Gerry

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi @James Ainsworth

This has come up again because activities look like a good way of dealing with a particular issue - but without email notifications, teams that are not using Hornbill regularly, will not know about something they need to do.

So email notifications (much like when a ticket is assigned to them/ or when a customer updates the request) would be the only way I see this working. Should be configurable like other notifications (as I appreciate not everyone wants to get an email).

Can we have another look at whether this is possible in a future update - if not please let me know.

Nasim

• 3 months later...

Seems this thread hasn't had any updates from Hornbill since @Gerry update in May 2017 :-(

Email notification is still something I would like to see as a common push back to the use of activities is we didn't see the notification - if not an email can some other way of highlight an outstanding piece of work needs your attention.

Nasim

@nasimg

To be honest, its not come up that much, people who use Hornbill for task management tend to use Hornbill fairly regularly so its not really been a priority for us. It is still on the list but no progress made so far I am afraid. 

Gerry

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Good Morning,

Has there been any updates to the way that Hornbill manages notifications? I'm finding my team are missing actions due to the lack of email notifications. It would be incredibly beneficial for us to have email notifications as it's unrealistic for us to have the Hornbill page constantly open in a browser, or the mobile app installed. 

Many thanks,

Pip 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Philippa Hamilton said:

Good Morning,

Has there been any updates to the way that Hornbill manages notifications? I'm finding my team are missing actions due to the lack of email notifications. It would be incredibly beneficial for us to have email notifications as it's unrealistic for us to have the Hornbill page constantly open in a browser, or the mobile app installed. 

Many thanks,

Pip 

Hello All,

Same for us. It would be a nice beneficial for our organisation. As I mentioned in other posts before. Same for project manager please.

thanks and beste regards

Nikolaj

• 11 months later...