Contacts not in hornbill

gwynne

Hello,

We sometimes get adhoc emails from customers dealing with other teams in the organisation,

What I was wondering is

1. Is there any way of logging a ticket to a person who is not in hornbill also not a contact?

2. Development area - If you put a place an email in the customer search and select next it gives you the option to create a contact with the details

regards

Gareth

Hi, Yes we would be interested in this as we have Suppliers requesting access to connect to our system and some of them may not already be contacts. Would be much easier to add them as a contact as part of the request logging then having to add them separately.

Thanks

Tina

• 4 months later...

@alextumber May I please have an update on this change request, as I note you mentioned in April about a 90 day Dev Window?  This feature will be very useful for my team as the Old SupportWorks system had a button to "Create New Contact", where the contact did not exist.  This was really effective and saved us going backwards & forwards to create new contact - which it is currently.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @sprasad

I've looked at the change request and have seen that it has fallen down the priority order due to additional requirements being added.

For your own use case, are you looking to add just new contacts (external users to your business) or are you looking to add full/basic users (internal users) to your system on the fly as well at the point of raising a new request?

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/09/2016 at 9:43 AM, alextumber said:

Hi @sprasad

I've looked at the change request and have seen that it has fallen down the priority order due to additional requirements being added.

For your own use case, are you looking to add just new contacts (external users to your business) or are you looking to add full/basic users (internal users) to your system on the fly as well at the point of raising a new request?

Alex

On 19/09/2016 at 9:43 AM, alextumber said:

Hi @sprasad and @Tina.Lapere

Thanks for your posts.  A change that provides the ability for adding contacts as part of a progressive capture script has been accepted and is currently in its planning stage.  We do see how this is important for our customers that provide support to people that are external to their business.  Once planning and a technical assessment has been completed this will move forward into our 90 day delivery window.  We will keep you posted on the progress.  

Regards,

James

• 6 months later...

Hi Tina,

This change is still on our radar but unfortunately is has not reached development yet.  I see the value in this feature and understand how this can be a 'bug bear' as you mention.  I will review the status of the change and get back this post once I have an update.

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @Tina.Lapere

I just wanted to let you know that a feature to allow you to add a contact from within Progressive Capture is now under development.  I will keep you posted on the progress.  Provided there are no issues through development and testing, we should see this being available in a few weeks time.

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The ability to add a new Contact (external) is now available in the latest Service Manager update.

You can enable the New Contact option on the Customer Search Progressive Capture form through the following system setting in the admin console:

Home > Hornbill Service Manager > Application Settings

app.itsm.progressiveCapture.customerSearch.allowAddContact

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 16.56.50.png

Steve