Document Permission and administration

Tonyo

I have created a few libraries and published some documents within these different libraries, but the problem is that no one else is allowed to make changes to, or remove the documents I or any other user has published.

Can you please advise how we can assign the rights \ and what rights we can assign to help , so when published documents are outdated, anyone can add\update the documents concerned.

Tony

Document manager query1.PNG

Document manager query.PNG

Hi Tony

If you click Edit against a library (Under the name and description) you can then assign users / roles / groups to the libraries and change the rights. 

I think you still need to assign edit rights to the individual documents though, Library rights and just for read and publish access to the library its self.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi Trevor,

When you click on edit, it only gives you two options ( View or Publish). But no matter what level of admin you have, when you create a document in the library, as the author, it allows only you to delete the document (And no one else). So if you upload a document, and leave my organisation, we will be unable to delete the documents you uploaded. And this does not work for us.

Document Manager Admin error.PNG

• 2 months later...

Is this functionality on the development roadmap as it appears to be a fundamental feature that is missing.  

Having multiple admis for libraries is also needed for the same reason as the above, if a library owner leaves no one else can administer the library.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Sorry for bringing up an old thread.

We've had a couple of leavers in the last month who had loads of documents assigned to them as owners, very few of them had other members assigned to them.

I had to use SQL Direct to update all these documents give another person owner rights to these documents.

To have this feature where a Document Admin can manage all documents regardless of whether or not they are owners would have helped a lot in this case... I wanted to avoid having to use SQL Direct to update the tables.

Is this on the development roadmap?

Thanks,

Samuel

• 5 months later...
Guest gregmarcroftorc

This has also caused us problems. Only the person who created the document can delete it as Tonyo pointed out.

Is this due to be changed?

Thanks

Greg

Hi,

We are currently working on a feature which we allow Documents ownership to be reassigned by adminstrators to tackle this issue so that when a user leaves the company it will be possible to change the ownership of there documents in the Admin tool.  This feature should be available soon and will update here when its released

Thanks

Trevor