Integrated Telephone Call Handling System and Hornbill (Netcall)

We have recently changed our telephone call handling system (Netcall) which has moved from an application to web based system.  As an application we could log onto Netcall and open Hornbill in one screen, however when we now try to do that we appear to be being blocked by Hornbill, which doesn’t seem to like being opened from within another web based system.

Is there any way that this can be unblocked?

Hi Ginny,

I am sure our application is not doing any "blocking" of anything.  I am not sure what the problem is from what you are describing but it is most likely something to do with browser security.  Can you provide more information about the error(s) you are seeing? Maybe provide a screen shot or something else that will give us more information to go on?

Thanks

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

I work with Ginny, she heads the Service Desk here. I have just seen her issue and its very apparent. Netcall used to be desktop based so it would render any web page you set it up for (as it works as a browser), but since its now changed to web-based, Hornbill does not show at all. It works with other web-based apps that are set up (such as Dynamics) but not Hornbill.

There are no error messages. just a blank screen. I will find out more information, but as far as I know Netcall has come back saying that due to Netcall now being web-based, rendering Hornbill within Netcall needs to be allowed from your end. I don't have the full details of this conversation so I will chase up another colleague who has been in contact with Netcall and either get her to respond on here or i can post her response.

Will get back to you as soon as I received further information.

Thanks,

Samuel

I have received a response from Paula:

Sure, what they have said is that the new netcall is a web application and so the workspace within the application is now a frame and as such most websites such as hornbill prevent you from displaying their sites within the frame of another website.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel

I have spoken to one of our Developers and the main login page has a security measure in place preventing it from being loaded in an iFrame, if you open hornbill in a seperate tab and log can you then access Hornbill inside Netcall?

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hello Trevor,

Thanks for getting in touch. Ginny is using Hornbill on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, but when trying to access it in Netcall in Internet Explorer, it's just a blank screen. She cannot set up her own tabs in Netcall, as its predefined.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel

If Ginney opens a new Internet Explorer tab in the same window as Netcall then opens Hornbill and Logins in, then they should try and refresh Netcall and see if hornbill opens correctly.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi Trevor,

Sadly this cannot be done as it appears that the Web-Based Netcall is being run from a desktop App in order to load the web app. Just had a look at their shortcut and it ends with a .EXE.

I am very lost at this point, not sure how to progress with this as Netcall simply stated that its due to your security. I am still asking around for whoever has access to the Admin side of Netcall's web-app, but not having any luck.

Thanks,

Samuel