Raising new requests

steveR

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your post.  The Mobile Service Manager app currently provides the management of existing requests that have been assigned to a support person or any of the teams or services that they support.  This includes activity management for these requests.

We have plans to extend out the abilities for raising a request as well.  This work has not been scheduled as of yet but we will keep you posted on any update to this.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @James Ainsworth is there any update on this?

It would be great if the app had the functionality of service manager for logging and resolving calls or if there was a companion app that just focused on the calls side of things rather than the collaboration

The notifications work but when I click to go to the call it says that I don't have permission

It would be useful to be able to use the app when away from my desk to log calls etc also I doesn't use SSO so I can access it when away from the network

We still have our change in our backlog for raising requests from the mobile app, but is not currently in our development queue. You are able to resolve requests from the mobile app.  The Service Manager app has been build as part of the Collaboration app in order to take advantage of notifications, timeline updates, looking up customers, completing authorizations, working with your activities that are associated to the requests, and more.

Not having permission to a request that you get notified for doesn't sound right. I will try some tests to see if I get the same results.

Regards,

James

• 3 months later...

Hi Clive,

Thanks for your post.  This is still not in our development queue.  I will make sure that your interest in this feature is added to the change record.  The priority for the features that we deliver are predominately based on the amount of feedback that we get from our customers.  Your added interest to this post will help with this prioritization. 

Regards,

James

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi @James Ainsworth, @Martyn Houghton

Agree I think an IOS app for the Service Portal would be very handy. Mobile safari is good, but you need to remember the url, and enter a username/password which is a bit of a pain. If we had an app (which we can push out via our MDM solution) it would make life easier for our customers.

Nasim

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'd like to add my interest in the ability to log requests through the app.

It would be extremely beneficial to a few of our teams who spend their day away from their office to be able to log things on the fly without having to remember to do so when they return to their desk.

I've tried it through Safari and while it works just the same as on a PC it doesn't look good. There's overlapping text etc.

Chris

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone

Thanks for your interest.  I've added you to the change and made sure that everyone else on this post is also included.  Still not in our development but we are making some progress with designing progressive capture to work within the mobile app.  I'll update this post as it progresses.

Regards,

James

• 2 years later...

As of Service Manager build 1958 we have added the ability for a request to be raised from the Hornbill Mobile App.  A new + icon has been added to the tool bar which will provide the same options for a support person to raise a request as seen in the full client.  

image.png

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Mobile

Hope this helps.

Regards,

James

@James Ainsworth We're excited for this functionality! However, we have noticed a few flaws. Upon testing here are my results:

1. When navigating to requests and selecting the + option nothing happens. We had to select this several times before the Progressive Capture loads.
  2. After selecting 'Incident' the first prompt is to select a customer. This looks as if it's a drop down field (which we don't use in most progressive captures). When selecting the drop down nothing happens. I've attempted several times. Closed the app, reopened, same results. I've cleared the cache on the app. I'm on Server Build 3337(2020-06-12) and Client Version 2.4.20 (Build: 1964)

10 hours ago, Hannah Stella said:

When navigating to requests and selecting the + option nothing happens. We had to select this several times before the Progressive Capture loads.

It is possible that on the first tap of the + it is loading, but the response is slow.  Additional taps may then cause additional loading.  We have added a loading indicator which will be displayed after the first tap of the +

11 hours ago, Hannah Stella said:

When selecting the drop down nothing happens.

This is currently under investigation.  The development team were aware of the issue and we will let you know once we have a solution.

James

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/2/2020 at 9:51 AM, Hannah Stella said:

When selecting the drop down nothing happens.

Hi Hannah,

As discussed earlier, we found that iOS was not interpreting the field type correctly and it seemed to have required a double tap to activate the field.  This has now been corrected.

Hope that helps. 

Regards,

James

• Like 1