Email option

gwynne

Please can some explain to me what the new option you get when rasing a ticket from email. I can see you can apply the ticket to a timesheet category but what time recording does it do.

Does it log email time? , Actions in the ticket? duration ticket is in the system? plus it does not seem to update anything currently as I closed the ticket and nothing applied in the timesheet against my name?

Regards

Gareth

Hi,

That button is not related to logging Request, you can use it to measure time against that particular email. It shows the warning symbol because no default category has been assigned.
I can see that the confusion could come because the icon is quite similar to the one used for an Incident. I'll make sure is changed.

I hope is more clear now,

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi, I've attached an image that will hopefully make things more clear.

Basically as long as you set a category and set some time, it will be added to your timesheet records. If you don't set any of these, it will not be added.

You can set default categories to avoid seeing these warnings all the time by going to: Manage Categories -> Manage Default Categories -> Select the email one and set defaults.

Thanks,

Daniel.

timesheet-set-email-timer.png