Rich Text content for request timeline entries

Gary@ADL

Hi Guys - ive noticed that when you raise a new call via email with an embedded image, service manager strips that image out of the text and includes it on the call as an attachment.

is it possible to amend this? so that the description field is rich text and can contain images.

the images being stripped out in some cases ruins the flow of the message, and can make it very laborious to just understand whats going on (as the messages reference screenshots which we cannot see without navigating away from the text), there is no indication of where the screenshot or image was originally within the text, or if there is more than one image - which image was where in the text.

in the old system it did the same, but you had the option to view the original email as an attachment so you could see the 'original' email request with the text and formatting how it was as the customer sent it.

see examples for how ive sent a mail, compared to how it appears once logged,

thanks

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

@Gary@ADL the link to the email will only work if the email still exists. If you were to delete the email completely (from the Deleted Items folder) then the link would not be able to retrieve the email.

That could be an issue with some emails as the text doesn't always come across v well

It would be nice if the images stayed in place, especially as you can embed imaged in the update section (although not in the other sections it seems :()

When people include a table in the email it shows each cell on a different line as it did in SupportWorks

It's a shame it cant show the email as it appears in the actual email

Hi Guys - im going to bump this up as ive also noticed that when the customer emails in a call update with an image on it, again hornbill strips the image out, and stores it as an attachment, which is fine to a point - but it doesn't even give you a quick indication in the message update that there was an image there to begin with. this means that with every single call update we're going to have to click 'more actions' then 'view email' just to check that there wasn't an image included! - surely there must be a way to include a visual indicator that an image used to be there in the text itself.

e.g. in the included image, the highlighted text was the users reply to a question i asked. i only needed to see her reply so didnt click 'more actions' etc, nowhere does it suggest that there was also an image included as part of the call update.

its simply not acceptable for us to have to drill down into each message update just to see if there is an image included...

Capture.JPG

just an update for extra clarity, the customers email as shown above actually looks like this, with an image underneath her message.

even if we could get a bit of text replacing where the image used to be saying ***image present*** or something, this would suffice , athough it would be better if it was a clicky link or better the image itself :) )

Capture.JPG

can I jump on this one two :

i our case the email update  DOES NOT  separate the attachment , we have email updates that conatin  .docx documents for example that are only visible if we go into view email , they do not show up under the attachment section.

Thanks

Ralf

I came across one today where a customer had updated the call via email with an attachment

The only clue that there is a screenshot is where it displays [cid:image001.png@01D1F2F6.7547EE60J]

To view the screenshot I had to go to More Actions and View Email which then takes you to the email in the inbox

I would be better if it could keep the screenshot visible in the update, it didn't even strip out the screenshot and add it as an attachment to the call

Fortunately we're not emptying the deleted items folder at the moment but I know we had to periodically in SupportWorks as it would slow down when switching between the folders and often timeout

Again, the issue is where people have flashy, multi-image signatures: if you inlined attachment images you could end up with a ridiculous list of logos, smilies and motivational quotes which would make it more difficult and annoying to find a "genuine" attachment than it currently is!

On 11/08/2016 at 0:08 PM, DeadMeatGF said:

Again, the issue is where people have flashy, multi-image signatures: if you inlined attachment images you could end up with a ridiculous list of logos, smilies and motivational quotes which would make it more difficult and annoying to find a "genuine" attachment than it currently is!

We have people with images in signatures and they get added as attachments when a call is logged from email

I'd like to see the email embedded with all images in place on the timeline

• 8 months later...

Hullo, I was wondering if there was movement on this topic?

Is there any plan to develop rich text fields for Service Manager? So that any screen shots that are provided when logging the call are visible in the call description (rather than having to look at attachments).

I'm looking at an authorisation process, and having images & text visible in the Summary and Description fields would be invaluable to streamlining and simplifying the flow of  information.

Cheers,

Claire

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

This thread is due for a bump.

The requested functionality seems to be available in almost every ITSM solution available, and hopefully it will soon be available in Hornbill as well.

• 1 year later...
  • Victor changed the title to Rich Text content for request timeline entries
  • 4 weeks later...