Customer History

AndyColeman

Good morning,

One of the main frustrations our IT staff are having with Service Manager at the moment is the inability to be able to see a customers history of tickets. 

We feel we should be able to type a customers name in to the search box or select them from somewhere and be able to see a complete call history.

Is there an easy way to do this? It can be embarrassing telling a customer you cannot find a call they know they have definitely raised. 

Maybe I am doing something wrong or not found something. in the system? Any help or advice around this subject would be much appreciated. We just want a simple and quick way of looking what calls someone has open or had open previously.

Thanks!

Andy

Andy

This has come up a number of time before. The only way of seeing the Customer's complete history I believe is still via the purchase of the additional Customer Manager application. The worksarounds via the request list views, will only give you the request for the teams you are a member off etc.

This was something simple to do in Support Works and seems to be a significant omission in Service Manager.

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 1

Hi Andy

There isn't an option under the customers profile to view this currently.   This is a little different to Martyn's requirement as Martyn's customers are external, and i believe you are supporting internal customers. 

Nevertheless we do have a development story to address this, and as soon as it is progressed i will update this post, in the meantime, as Martyn suggests you can create a view on the request list, showing all requests and then type the customer name into the quick filter search box to filter the results to show only the requests for that specific customer. 

You can also use the global search Requests option and search using the customers name, or the request id.

The development to add the list is fairly straight forward, however we do have to apply the rights to ensure the analyst viewing the customer record only sees the requests against the customer which their team membership allows, or requests which have been raised against services which their teams support. 

I will update as we progress this 

Thanks

Steve

• Like 3

Steve

When doing a search in the global request search, can you confirm the field name that you need to use to explicitly search just by the customer name, rather than potentially including occurences of the customer name in other fields used by the global search?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

I just wanted to confirm that the displaying of requests against an external organisation does not require the Customer Manager app. The organisation is a standard offering with core product.  While the Customer Manager app extends the use of the organisations and adds a lot of its own features and functionality, the Service Manager plug-in to display requests on the organisations form is independent of Customer Manager.

The ability to use the Filter on the request list and the Global Search has satisfied some of the needs around locating customer specific requests, we do see that there is more that we can do.  As Steve mentions in a previous comment there are two separate requirements. One is to see a list of requests against a contact record where a contact is external to your business, and the other is to provide a list of requests against a user, who is internal to the business, within their profile.

Regarding the field names for explicitly searching the customer name, I will see if I can find some information to add to your earlier post below.

• 2 months later...

Are there any updates on this request "to see all calls logged by a customer" - I understand the need to limit it by services you have access to but there should be a "tick box/show all" option to expand this if needed. Or a switch to enable full customer history via the admin portal.

• 1 month later...

Hi @James Ainsworth

We are currently running into the same issues with regards to not being able to view the full customer request history. We do not use Customer Manager.
This morning one of our account managers was under the impression that a (external) customer had no open or historic requests because they did not show up under the 'Requests' tab on the organisation page.

This should really be adressed in a way that allows an analyst to view the full customer request history without modifying custom filters or searching for particular strings in requests (which can be done wrongly due to difficult organisation names...)
Is there any news regarding an ETA on this (quite important) feature?

Best Regards,

Alex

Hi @Alex8000

Thanks for your post.

The Requests section that is available on organisation records doesn't have any connection to Customer Manager.  The basic contact and organisation records come as part of the Hornbill Collaboration.  So, not having Customer Manager won't have an impact on this.

On the original post for this topic, there was a requirement to easily access the requests for an individual contact.  We raised a change proposal that will provide a similar list that is on the organisation form to also be available on the contact form.  This will then allow a support person to use the Contact Global Search, search on the contact list, or any other provided link to access the contact record and view that individual's request list.

Alex, it sound like you are looking more at the Requests section that is on the organisation record that shows all the requests from the different contacts that belong to that organisation.  Is that correct? If the account manager could not see the Requests section, it may be that they don't have the correct rights in Service Manager. If they could see the Request section but it was empty, it may be down to not having access to the Services under which the requests were raised.

On the main request list I can see that using Views for each organisation is not a viable solution.  The quick filter on the request list may help, but the result set may not be exclusive to a particular organisation, depending on the text typed. The Global Search or the Organisation list should give fairly quick access to the organisation records where the request list for a particular organisation can be viewed.

There are a few variations of requirements in this topic, so I just want to make sure that your particular needs are looked at. Any further detail or screen shots may help us understand which aspect is going to help you the most.

Regards,

James

• 2 months later...

Any update on this one, I still find it frustrating to edit a view to change the person's name so I can see a list of their calls

We often get users asking about the status of a call and we don't know who's queue that call is in

I am trying to get them to check the portal themselves to see the updates and who it has been assigned to