set resolution text via automated process

Hi Guys,

can anyone point me in the right direction of setting resolution text via the business process, I can get it to set the resolution category, mark it as resolved, but I cant seem to find where to set the resolution text field ( H_resolution ), which is used in the resolution emails sent to customers.

cheers

Gary

Hi Gary, 

Thanks for your post. Out of curiosity, I'm interested in the type of message that you would like to include in the resolution.  I would normally see the resolution as something unique to the request but I'm assuming that you are looking to provide a standard response, possibly under certain circumstances?

Regards,

James

Hi James, yes you're correct, we have quite a few tasks that we perform straight over the phone, (such as password resets, remote session disconnections etc), and so we have setup a few catalogue items that link to a workflow that basically populate all the info the analyst would (except resolution text) to save time and typing the same thing repeatedly. we've got around this so far by setting the logging description to something suitable (which also displays on our resolution emails). but the resolution text currently just says ' resolved by business process engine' or similar.

@Gary@ADL @samwoo from my understanding, Service Manager 2.32 will have a new functionality around BP configuration where all these automatic timeline updates can be changed and a manual customised update can be made instead. Perhaps this would be an alternative... however, I have not tested this new functionality so I can't say to what extent this can be used.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm also interested in changing this as we currently close around 50% automatically by finishing a certain task and 50% by closing the request manually. We always send a customer an email notifying the closure of the ticket with the resolution.

Regards,

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...