is there a workflow option to cancel a request

Gary@ADL

hi guys - just wondering if theirs a way of cancelling a request via the pro-cap workflow? rather than the usual 'end' - which then processes and logs a call.

I want my users if they go down a certain workflow to get to a read-only text box, then when they click next, the request is cancelled. (rather than them having to actually press the cancel button)

is this possible?

thanks

Gary

Thanks for your post.  From your description, I don't believe that we can do this.  However, I am interested to know a bit more.  When you say 'Users' are you referring to users on the service portal?  I'm also interested to know what type of mandatory question you would like to ask?  Are providing self diagnostic questions and if they select an option to say that their issue has been resolved, it would end the progressive capture without raising a request?

Regard,

James

Hi James, yes service portal users, and yes essentially - although its currently more about if the user choses a specific answer to a question - "we don't deal with this request, speak to a different department" (which is the text the user is presented with in the read-only box), and in such a case, we don't want a ticket raising with IT because its actually a Finance issue.

for example a missing stock code on our finance system - Initially a user/customer logs onto the portal to raise a ticket about a missing code, they would be asked questions - is it a finance code? is it missing?  then if the customer answers yes to both of these (one after another), the next box would have read-only text saying "see another department", then on clicking next again id like the request to be cancelled.

thanks

This would be cool so to avoid users logging the wrong request against a Service depending on the questions they answer or to have the user ensure that all the relevant information has been supplied before they can actually log it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi folks

If the customer has chosen the wrong service/catalogue item and the procap has been designed to identify the catalogue item they should be using instead, 'switch capture' would do the trick.  However, where it can't be nailed down to a specific catalogue item and the  redirect is to another service where the customer still has to choose, this 'process end, do not log request' cancellation idea would be good.

This gets my vote!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...