Data Clear Down

@Adam Haylock

It is not possible at the moment to do a selective clear down of requests, except by request type at this time I believe. This is something we raised previously as we look to bring on more services, we would want to do test transfers as well and without having a test instance you have to do them into Live or not do a test.

Cheers

Martyn

@Adam Haylock

The only other way I can see to do it would be to do it via the API, which is in essence what the Cleaner does, but you would have to write your own routine to do the selection and then call the API.

Should be something fairly easy to implement in the Cleaner, akin to the same way you put a select statement into the Hornbill Loader.

Cheers

Martyn

• 10 months later...

@Ehsan

Was there any progress on having the option to clean requests out based on the Service? We are looking at importing in a number of new services desks into our instance and need the ability to test the data transfer before go live.

The only other alternative is to get a second temporary/test instance deployed to allow for testing, which I know is a path you do not want to go down.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

I've made some changes to the cleaner tool, and the supporting code in Service Manager, so that once it's released you will be able to filter requests to be deleted by:

• Associated Service IDs (multiples of)
  • Request Statuses (multiples of)
  • Request Types (multiples of)
  • Requests logged after a specific date & time
  • Requests logged before a specific date & time

So an example of how your configuration might look with this new version:

downloadOriginalImage.php?commentid=urn:

As mentioned, I've had to make some changes within Service Manager to support the changes to the cleaner utility, so once these Service Manager changes have made it to live (they will be in the next update), then I'll release the new version of the utility to our public Github, and post back here to let you know.

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Steve G

Thanks for the update that will be a great help.

Are the condition mutually exclusive or can they be combined?

If possible in a future release could it include 'Requests assigned to Team (multiple of)' or 'Requests logged by' so we could create a user to work with the Request Loader and clear them down based on this?

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton,

No, the conditions can be combined to build more complex filters, or indeed left blank to ignore that particular condition :) So for instance, this setup would delete all Incidents with a cancelled status, that were logged before the 1st of January  2017:

image.png

That's fine re: team and logged by filtering. It's too late to get the required supporting code in to the next Service Manager update, but I'll get them in to the one directly after, and produce another cleaner utility build to go with it.

Cheers,

Steve

@Martyn Houghton,

The Service Manager update that contains the supporting code for this is now available in the live app store for updating your instance, and I've released the update to the cleaner tool too, which is on Github now:

https://github.com/hornbill/goHornbillCleaner

And I've also updated our wiki page to reflect these changes:

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Hornbill_Clean_Utility

Let me know how you get on with this.

Cheers,

Steve