Good morning, 

Can you let me know if you are due to release any form of update around the configuration of catalogue items?

The reason i ask is my business would like to use specific catalog items for things such as change management, therefore those items need to be hidden from all other request types.

IN order to do this could we have an option for each catalogue item to switch it on/off or be visible/not visible in the services section of service manager?

Many thanks 

Alex

Hi @Awalker

Thanks for your post

As you have rightly pointed out Request Catalog items are currently only available on Incidents and Service Requests, this was originally based on the fact that only these two request types can be raised via the service and customer portals.

Since then the Request Catalog feature has become very popular and we have had requests to extend this to other request types, especially to Change. We do have a development story to add request catalog's to the Change Request type but it is not currently scheduled for development, once it has i will update the post to give an indication as when you can expect to see this feature. 

This has been requested by a number of other customers so is fairly high on our list of things to do

Thanks

Steve

hi @James Ainsworth,

Thank you for the update, what i am referring to above are the actual catalog items when raising a request, for example, I would like to create a catalog item for 'Software Release' for Change requests, but I only want this be to be available when someone raises a chnage request.

At present if i go to raise a request when selecting the catalog item it displays all, and i wnated to know if we had the ability to create a catalog item for a specific request and toggle on/off that item for each request so it does not appear if someone was to raise an incident for example. 

Hi @Awalker

Catalog items are governed by a request type (currently Incident and Service Request only).

If as an Analyst you use the Incident logging option when raising a request, you will only see the Incident specific catalog items presented under the Service, on the Services Progressive Capture Form.  Equally if you use the Service Request logging option when raising a request then you will only see service request specific catalog items.

The grey area is when you use the Raise New option to create ticket, and the request type maybe unknown, in this case all catalog items are shown under the services on the Service form.

If you want to filter the catalog items which are displayed on the Services form, you would need yo precede the Services form with the Analyst request type progressive capture form, which will allow the analyst to choose the type of request they are raising on the Raise New option, and the Services form which follows this, will be filtered to either Incident or Service Request catalog items depending on the choice of the analyst.

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 11.06.28.png

I hope that makes sense?

Obviously when we introduce and support catalog items for change, the same logic will be applied. 

Thanks

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi @Awalker

The requirement has been accepted but it is not in our currently scheduled list of stories, so i can't give an exact timeframe on this i'm afraid.  As soon as it scheduled i will post back here and we will have a timeframe to work with.   Just because it is not scheduled today does not mean that won't change quickly, and one factor which helps us prioritise, is the number of customers who are requesting / supporting features.  This particular requirement  already has a fair bit of support from other customers so is very high on our radar for inclusion.

Thanks

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi @Awalker

No problem putting a chase on this one, it is a story which we want to implement and hopefully this will not be too far away now, but it has not started yet.  It is 100% on our to do list and has support from other customers so is high on the list to do but i am afraid at this point i can only say i will update you as soon as this is moved into our incoming queue, at which point we will be able to commit to delivering it within the following 90 days.

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@Claire Holtham Currently that is correct, you are not able to raise Changes from Self Service - this feature would provide you with the capability to offer this if you wish.   

You can currently provide the ability for your customers to raise either Incidents, or Service Requests.  Off the back of which you can raise a linked Change, if something needs to be changed / managed formally - using the link request action option on the requests.

If you do raise linked changes from Incidents and or Service Requests, there are business process options available to you to automatically update the originating request (Incident / Service Request) as the change progresses, and in fact when the Change is closed, you could if you wanted automate the resolving / closing of the originating Incident / Service Request using the Resolve Linked and Update Linked Request business process options - more info on this is available here, if you scroll to the Linked Request section

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Business_Process_Workflow

Hope that helps

Steve

• 2 months later...
Guest NadeemMazhar

Hi Alex @Awalker

The ability to configure catalog items to a Change is now available in the latest update of Service Manager. Changes can now be raised from the Portal. You can activate this via the following app setting:

guest.servicemanager.portal.additionalRequestTypes.change

Regards

Nadeem

Guest NadeemMazhar

Hi @Keith ,

Certainly would have been beneficial during the discussions we have had during the implementation :)

Please can you clarify the following: 'Switching from Services Requests to Change Requests midstream?'

Kind regards

Nadeem

@NadeemMazhar

Just meaning that we are currently using Service Requests for developments (Changes) in SAP , Salesforce etc. If we were to move to using change requests instead we would have an overlap of some developments recorded as Service Requests and some as Change Requests. do you see any problems with this other than the obvious re-education and reporting?

Regards

Keith